Post Covid-World work life; changes for you, or back to the same?

HR people usually have a terrible sense of humor.
I usually just go over their head and that solves any problems. The HR at my job was useless. Then I get a 30 minute lecture about going to her boss. lmao Lady I went to all the bosses, and everyone just pointed the finger to the next person

I usually just go over their head and that solves any problems. The HR at my job was useless. Then I get a 30 minute lecture about going to her boss. lmao Lady I went to all the bosses, and everyone just pointed the finger to the next person
Luckily I’ve had very few experiences with an HR department.
I had the same experience with an HR manager at a previous job. They just talked in circles and did nothing. Shortly after I left the HR manager was demoted so I’m thinking maybe I wasn’t the only one who had that experience when dealing with him. The manager before him was always helpful with any questions or requests. For the sake of those still there I hope the company brought her back!

I’ve been lucky to never have had to be in the HR office for offending anyone. I learned early on that most coworkers aren’t friends so I’ve just kept the jokes and opinions that could be controversial to myself.

Anyone who is in HR should be fired, in my opinion.
They're sole purpose is to be a waste of space and oxygen.
Not qualified to actually work, do something productive that makes the company money, then HR is for you.

Thankfully at my job there is no HR, just the owner/boss, and if you want to go to him and be a cry baby, he will either fire you, or punch you out ( or try to punch you out at least ), depending upon his mood. We are loggers, we don't have offices, and sniveling isn't tolerated.
The loader man and I had a disagreement at work one day about 6 months after I started this job.
It began on the radio, and escalated to him getting off the loader and stomping across the landing at me. He took the 1st punch, i took the 2nd and 3rd. He was laying on the ground lights out. My boss calmly walked to the loader, climbed in it, and put the logs on my truck. When the loader man woke up he looked at me, and said something about he usually wins fights. When my truck was done being loaded I left, and when I got back later that day for load 2, my boss came on the radio, and thanked me for making it a fair fight, and not stomping the crap out of his brother the loader man when he went down.
I said well when they go down, I back off.
Not another word was said about it for months.
One Friday night we went out for dinner and a beer, my boss said to me, so you're a fighter.
I said yes, I would actually like to be a professional MMA fighter some day. My boss said, well I was impressed, Donnie likes to fight, usually wins, and you turned his lights out easily. I respect that, even Donnie respects that, and the other men now know that if they pick a fight with you, it is likely not going to end well for them, and they all respect that.
To me that is how HR should work, if 2 employees disagree, let them fight it out, and solve their problems with their fists.

Back