I'm finally retired!

For the second and final time (my Air Force retirement was the first one), I'm finally retired for good! It feels good knowing I can be a full time husband, dad, and grampa now and not have to be pulled away from my family for work! It's been a long time coming, but I am going to enjoy the amenities that come with being retired. Looking forward to spending lots of time with my family, my wife and I will be traveling a lot, and of course, having fun with my Corvette, which will be coming very soon now. I'm sure I will have other hobbies as well. I also plan to volunteer at the Air Force museum. I would like to get involved with an aircraft restoration. I think I would really enjoy that...

Congratulations.
11.gif

Congratulations and welcome to the club...Is there really a club?
laugh.gif

It took me about 1 year to realize that, I don't know what day it is. It may not take you as long.

Excellent! I'm almost ready but having a hard time knowing when the time is right. What made you decide now is the right time?

Congrats!

I'm also retired USAF (21 years). At this moment, I have 7 more years to go to collect my second retirement.

I enjoy my current technical management job working for a City government, but I'm having a difficult time waiting!

I suppose this makes sense.

Congratulations! DUES PAID! Now you can get out of that left lane! LOL!
01.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I'm 64 and in "no-mans land" holding off collecting S.S.until I'm 65. No pension.

My buddy who did a spread sheet said I should collect now - even If I don't need the money. He said invest it.
I don't know about that. I'm going to wait another year. But not to full retirement age..
Plenty of stuff to fix up in the old log cabin if I can muster the energy.
smile.gif

Congratulations! Live your life to the fullest. I retire later this year and I look forward to it with great anticipation.

Contrats and thanks for your service. Enjoy it. I'm holding on another year due to company ESOP vesting rules. I've been in hands-on manufacturing of medical and military items for the past 15 years and like the active work but man, now in my 60s I didn't think it would wear me down every day like it does. Never thought I'd still be doing physical work at this point but oh well.

I first retired at 51 back in 2008. Ten years later I was coerced back into politics, so I'm 17 months into a six year term. At that point I'll be 67 and there's no way I'll even think about seeking a second term.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Congratulations and welcome to the club...Is there really a club?
laugh.gif

It took me about 1 year to realize that, I don't know what day it is. It may not take you as long.

I see this club all the time. They meet at the local mom and pop diner several mornings a week to discuss and solve all the world problems!

Congrats on the retirement. Mine is not too far away and am attempting to be mindful to enjoy the good things in life along the journey (family, friends, interests).
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Last edited:
My watch battery died about the same time as I retired. I never replaced it and haven't worn a watch since. I usually don't know what day it is either. Enjoy yourself!

Back