I'm finally retired!

Congratulations! Five years in myself.
Your time is now yours. Use it wisely.

Congrats.
So many new retirees keel-over and die within six months of the new life-of-leisure.
Don't be added-in to that stat and hang around healthy-as-a-lark, until you're 90 at-least.

Congratulations, YOU MADE ITðŸ¥³âœ¨â˜„ï¸ You are now entering the best years of your life. Enjoy them to the fullest!!!

Congrats! Sounds like you'll be keeping busy in retirement with enjoyable activities.
I have 13 months to go, and am looking forward to it.

Congrats!!! I've been working from home and don't really know or care what day it is, beyond making sure whether it's a work day or not. I was 50ish before I started understanding the desire to retire, now I'm counting down. I have 12-17 years to go, depending on how the market does with my retirement stash...my wife and I have ramped up contributions so we are maxed out on 401k/403b and HSA...working on IRAs and Roth conversions too...

enjoy your retirement
cheers3.gif

Good for you!
Glad to hear that you've finally loosed the chains.
I'll follow you in about seventeen months and I am looking forward to it.

Congratulations! I've been retired for 4 years now and don't regret it at all.

From this point on, "Every day is Saturday!"

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Congratulations!

I'm 64 and in "no-mans land" holding off collecting S.S.until I'm 65. No pension.

My buddy who did a spread sheet said I should collect now - even If I don't need the money. He said invest it.
I don't know about that. I'm going to wait another year. But not to full retirement age..
Plenty of stuff to fix up in the old log cabin if I can muster the energy.
smile.gif

If you can hold off until 70 and are healthy, keep working, especially if you are at a large employer (over 50 people) with health insurance. You won't have to pay for Medicare as long as you maintain health insurance with your employer. At 70, take Social Security even if you are still working. You'll probably live another 25 or 30 years and you will appreciate the extra money.

My Mom just retired at 84. She is ultra fit and sharp and will probably live to 110. Congrats to the OP! My wife is retiring this year, the last year before she loses her amazing government health benefits, which just go down if your don't retire after 30 years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RW1
Congratulations! I've been retired for 4 years now and don't regret it at all.

From this point on, "Every day is Saturday!"

LOL, that's my line! "Every day is Saturday except Sunday. And that's Sunday."

4 years for me too. I was having too much fun at work to retire, but my wife convinced me. That was refreshing - I think my first wife wanted to work me like a rented mule until I dropped dead in the traces.
I do miss it a little, but not having to get up at 0430 makes that feeling pass quickly. I don't see ever getting to a point where I get bored.

I retired at 48 years old when my investments paid off more than my jobs pay check. The bad part was I started buying and selling properties and during the 2008 crash I bought and remodeled a couple of houses and rented them out and though there are idle times in my life which is good there are times when I really get tired donating time or doing things to keep myself busy. If I could have worked 4 days instead of 5 I probably would have never retired. I have a feeling Grampi won't actually retire as he will get himself tired being busy..

Way to go. I retired in 2007. Never looked back. Enjoy yourself.

Originally Posted by NO2
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Congratulations!

I'm 64 and in "no-mans land" holding off collecting S.S.until I'm 65. No pension.

My buddy who did a spread sheet said I should collect now - even If I don't need the money. He said invest it.
I don't know about that. I'm going to wait another year. But not to full retirement age..
Plenty of stuff to fix up in the old log cabin if I can muster the energy.
smile.gif

If you can hold off until 70 and are healthy, keep working, especially if you are at a large employer (over 50 people) with health insurance. You won't have to pay for Medicare as long as you maintain health insurance with your employer. At 70, take Social Security even if you are still working. You'll probably live another 25 or 30 years and you will appreciate the extra money.

My Mom just retired at 84. She is ultra fit and sharp and will probably live to 110. Congrats to the OP! My wife is retiring this year, the last year before she loses her amazing government health benefits, which just go down if your don't retire after 30 years.

I'm retiring yearly and taking SS at 62. Wife and I are not extravagant so no point in working longer than we have to.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Congrats.
So many new retirees keel-over and die within six months of the new life-of-leisure.
Don't be added-in to that stat and hang around healthy-as-a-lark, until you're 90 at-least.

Thought that would be me. Everyone in family was in harness almost up to the time they died. Wasn't looking forward to retirement but it's been 9 years and 5 months and gotta say retirement is better than working.

Back