If you had the means to move anywhere in the US today where would that be?

walterjay

Site Donor 2023
Wife and I have recently discussed moving. She would like to move to the beach....possibly South Carolina. I would like to move into the hills in the Harrisonburg Virginia area.
What about you?

I've thought about that before and I just couldn't nail it down . Way too many considerations . Weather being one of the main factors . Too hot or too cold . Taxes . Health care options . 2A friendly or not .
It seems like every time I see a place that looks attractive , I find something that's a deal killer . :(

Wife and I have recently discussed moving. She would like to move to the beach....possibly South Carolina. I would like to move into the hills in the Harrisonburg Virginia area.
What about you?
If I moved to the beach I'd never go there. I'd probably float around if I was younger and when I found the ideal place I'd lock it in.

South or North Dakota, Wyoming or Montana. Love the people, nature and lack of warehouses and massive subdivisions that surround everything we have around here. They recently made a 4 mile strip of farmland that connects my town to the next nothing but warehouses. The big farm field developments buffer everything south of town and it is ruining the quaintness of our town. Can't fight it so moving out to a serene area is my goal.

Coastal California: San Diego all the way up to Carmel (you did say money was no object, lol)

Distant second, stay in my neighborhood but buy 2-6 continuous lots to create some excess green space around a brand new house.

Distant third, coastal Florida along the A1A highway cuz the kids love Universal Studios.

Tough one. I think I've liked various places I've lived, for different reasons. Small city, everything in walking distance? kinda has its perks, if you can get by sans car. Coastal Maine? very pretty, mild weather, lousy job opportunities. Small town NH? nice and quiet, but, just like in Maine, it's an hour to anywhere. Spent a summer in MT/WY area and it wasn't long enough to really know the area.

Since I don't have the means I think I'll go back to enjoying that which I have.

Back