I turned 48 today, at what age did you start to feel old?

I turned 48 today, yes I was born on Day of the Dead in Mexico. I don't feel old but I have noticed my back hurts a bit after leaning over and working on my car. I have hair where I don't need it and none where I do. At what age did you guys start to feel old?
52. Which is when I stopped sleeping soundly through the night, just to go to the restroom. Once the prostate cannot hold an all-nighter, you are technically an old man in my book.

I'm at 45 and I feel it is coming...

only if I could turn the clock around 😊

36 or 37. I was driving home and the "Classic " rock station played Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and then Black Hole Sun by soundgarden.
I guess it was when I started to hear music that I like at the grocery store. At 66 I'm moving slower and hurting more, but still manage to work. Mentally, I still feel like I'm 12, but if I'd have known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.

40, almost on the dot. At least physically

Mom said that they say 'life begins at 40' but they don't say *what* kind of life...

Mentally, sometime in my 30's - I was at an event about 100 miles away from home and I hear "Mr. Opus!" from behind me. Turns out one of the neighbors happened to be at the same event and their daughter was trying to get my attention to say hello. Once I got over the shock of someone I knew being there, I then had to get over being called "Mr." by someone not that much younger than I was.

I guess around 43, when my 9 year old son could beat me by quite a bit on a simple reaction time game on the phone. And then my minimum eye focus distance started to move farther away as well, only to maybe a foot but its annoying compared to before. My knees are also complaining more too, but still good for a few mile run or a couple hours of pretty hard cycling. I've started mountain biking with some guys in their 60's that were high level riders all their lives and its heartening to see how well they are still doing, so I know I could have another 20 years of fast trail riding ahead if I keep myself in shape. I'm more active now than I have been since my 20's and its partially due that I need to train to keep up with these guys! I also could lose 20lbs which is harder now than before.

Wonder when my lady who lived to be 112 started to feel "old"....

Her husband passed away 39 years before she did.

At 110 she could still do everything for herself. Transfer to wheelchair from chair etc etc... Only took 4-5 medications. One being a iron tablet and another for her eyes. Cognitively she was still quite good for 110. It was not until the last 6-7 months she started having trouble cognitively and falling.

Incredible her son was 97 when she passed away.

I turned 48 today, yes I was born on Day of the Dead in Mexico. I don't feel old but I have noticed my back hurts a bit after leaning over and working on my car. I have hair where I don't need it and none where I do. At what age did you guys start to feel old?

I'm around the same age, While I've got some hard miles from heavy line mechanic work.....It's playing hardcore smash mouth Texas High School Football that gives me the nagging aches & pains I have today.

Usually I feel this way during a gym class. I'm always thinking I'm too old for this. But I sometimes can keep up with the 20-30 year olds in the class even though I'm 20-30 years older. There are sometimes a few woman older than me so maybe I'll stop when I'm the only old one there. Still doing pushups, burpees and other crazy routines in class.

I'm past 50 and notice some random aches and pains, but mostly not as sharp as I used to be. Maybe my mind is more cluttered but definitely lose things more easily, and am more scatter-brained.

I guess it was when I started to hear music that I like at the grocery store. At 66 I'm moving slower and hurting more, but still manage to work. Mentally, I still feel like I'm 12, but if I'd have known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.
I tell young people this, but youth is wasted on the young.

Take care of yourself early, because there's much living to be had at age 50+.

I'm amazed at my dad. He is 83. He was under his 04 silverado, changing the rear shocks. He did have to call me to compress the shocks so he could get the bottom bolt in. But at his age, he though nothing of taking the rear wheels off, putting the truck on jackstands, and had the new shocks on except for the bottom bolts.

He does not seem to act old.
I'm rooting for you to follow in his footsteps. Like father like son... right?

I felt old at my last job which unfortunately entailed a lot of sitting at a desk. I would constantly pull something in my back or shoulders when working around the house. I’ll be 30 in a few months.

Now that I have a job that I stay moving, I feel like I am 18 again. I need to start exercising again too.

Close to 51 but I feel like I'm going on 21. Of course this could be the same effect as someone that drives a car everyday and doesn't notice the gradual decline in things like the suspension and brakes. :unsure: :LOL:

70 now. At 57, I hadn't seen a doctor in 15 yrs, Then pneumonia put me into the hospital for 4 days, Yr after that came breast cancer, Knocked that back for 12 yrs until it returned. Currently in a 3hr a week course of cardiac re-hab, to work on my COPD and arteries. I could have avoided all this BS if I had never taken up smoking at the ripe old age of 6.

• Sad
Reactions: NJC
I’m 55 …… arthritis started setting in around 52. So I would say on my 53rd birthday I got up one morning and said “*** I’m old”. 😁

Reactions: NJC
Back