I Need A Good Canned Beer For Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo if that is a pub can it's a no go. I enjoy Tetley's myself from time to time. I am afraid the torpedos would sink floats and rafts in the pool. I don't wanna have to rescue a partially drunk slighty overweight real estate agent from drowning. Said person's wallet would more than likely drag them to the bottom!

Carling's Black label and Iron City
cheers3.gif

moribundman Hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria are used in 1/3 of worldwide beer production. The Hallertau has only 926 square miles said:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/48.gif[/IMG]

I have received other information to the contrary. Hops have almost doubled in price and it's not from more beer drinkers. This was a bad year for hop production.

Can you keep a cooler somewhere outside of the pool area and provide plastic cups?

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Guinness comes in a can, is low alcohol and low carb.

...and is so filling it could be used as a meal replacement.

Love the stufff, but it's the only beer I drink that I need to plan for.

oktoberfest is my fav in the small keg, but Original Münchner was what I was thinking of.

Let’s take hops first. Europe is having its second consecutive bad harvest. Those breweries have to source their hops somewhere – so they come to the US. The situation was exacerbated by a couple of warehouse fires in the US hop production areas in the last 12 months which only served to degrade an already bad situation. The old supply and demand curve has kicked in with a vengeance! Almost every variety of hops we use has increased in price at least 50%. And to make matters worse, the hop supply is so tight that breweries that do not have contractual arrangements with their suppliers may find themselves completely out of luck sourcing hops at all, no matter what the price!

The situation is not likely to get better anytime really soon. I am told it takes at least 3 years before newly planted hop vines can begin producing usable hops. And the amount of acreage devoted to hop production in the US has declined by almost 50% over the last 20 years as farmers look for other ways to increase their income. Can’t blame the farmers – they have families to feed. But the next few years hop wise are certainly going to be challenging.

The malt situation is also adversely effected by the poor European harvest of the last few years. But here the situation is accelerated by the foolish (in my opinion) demand for corn for ethanol production. Quite frankly, producing cheap corn for ethanol is often less costly and significantly more profitable than producing malting grade barley. Consequently, as acreage for barley declines, and demand (thanks Europe, China, and South America) goes up, malt prices have just about doubled from the levels we saw in late 2006. Again, I don’t think it will change much soon.

Originally Posted By: Gregory
oktoberfest is my fav in the small keg, but Original Münchner was what I was thinking of.

There are three Original Münchner: [censored] (light), Dunkel (dark) and Urtyp.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Let’s take hops first. Europe is having its second consecutive bad harvest.

They are harvesting hops now in April and May? I remember hops being harvested between late August and early September.
wink.gif

It's a shame you can't get it out in the midwest but almost every Yuengling product comes in cans both tallboy and 12 oz. Black and Tan in tallboy=yum. Beck's regular and Beck's Dark come in cans I believe and isn't too highly priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back