I can't believe I bought a FORD! (F-150) w/ pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tom slick
If you don't pull the fuel rail then what's the trick for getting the rear plug on the passenger side out and back in?

A spark plug socket, a couple different length extensions and a swivel or two, a nice flex-head ratchet wouldn't hurt either. I've done it many times, it's not difficult.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
If you don't pull the fuel rail then what's the trick for getting the rear plug on the passenger side out and back in?

A spark plug socket, a couple different length extensions and a swivel or two, a nice flex-head ratchet wouldn't hurt either. I've done it many times, it's not difficult.

on a 2004+ 4.6l in a F-150?

on a 2004+ 4.6l in a F-150?

Yes, on those all you need is deep shank Modular 5/8" spark plug socket, 3" extension and a flex-head ratchet, no swivels required. That's an easy plug change, IMO.

Hmmm, maybe there was a different angle that I was missing when I did mine. I got the other 7 out but the rear pass. side plug wouldn't clear the injector rail.

Here is a picture of the interior on it, I love the size of it - just the right amount of space.

DCP_0372.jpg

I love that truck...Its awesome that it came with the 4.6 and serviced every 5K miles with Motorcraft....I am not much into trucks but if I came across it like you did I would have definitely bought it myself.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I love that truck...Its awesome that it came with the 4.6 and serviced every 5K miles with Motorcraft....I am not much into trucks but if I came across it like you did I would have definitely bought it myself.

Crown Vics are pretty much trucks, just missing the bed and ride height.
grin2.gif

Crown Vics are pretty much trucks, just missing the bed and ride height.
grin2.gif

Yes you are right...Miami Beach brings their Crown Vics on the beach all the time with their F150's.

The interior pics are CALEEEEEN

Listen to ben you dont need to remove the fuel rail, just have the right tools for the job. If it's something you dont want to tackle just have it done at the dealer......at 100k

Been thinking about the coolant, I would just dump it and replace with ford Gold. Then just drive the truck and enjoy it!!

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
The interior pics are CALEEEEEN

Listen to ben you dont need to remove the fuel rail, just have the right tools for the job. If it's something you dont want to tackle just have it done at the dealer......at 100k

Been thinking about the coolant, I would just dump it and replace with ford Gold. Then just drive the truck and enjoy it!!

I am going to follow that advice. I tried to dump the coolant today, but I was only able to get about 6 quarts out of the system. I saw a block drain back by one of the freeze plugs, should I pull that to get the rest out? If I do pull that, do I need to do anything when I replace it to prevent it from leaking?

There is a block drain on eachside towards the back next to the freeze plugs. Use liquid thread sealer to seal them after removal.

There is a block drain on eachside towards the back next to the freeze plugs. Use liquid thread sealer to seal them after removal.

Just good old fashioned thread sealer from the hardware store?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Beautiful truck. And listen to DieselTech.

+1

That is s super nice truck and I think you will be impressed with the Ford Motor company!

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Just good old fashioned thread sealer from the hardware store?

I would use a light dab of gasket sealer. Thread locker will make them tough to get out next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back