I bit the bullet and ordered some Cermet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A two-bottle treatment of ARX costs around $50. If you treat two cars, that's $100 spent on a product that cleans engine surfaces.

No one complains about that money spent. I'm free to spend my money on whatever I want. I've tried ARX, and I wasn't very impressed by it. But you don't see me running around in here making fun of people for spending money on a product that I don't personally endorse.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
RVS - and similar additives last 100,000+kms - restore is lucky if it lasts an OCI.....

SL8R - I ordered and someone dropped it off - I might use it in my mazda in 2010-------- I will run the second treatment - and maybe a third -

Anyway - the original Cermax - and RVS - are the real deal - as far as I am concerned.

Can you provide links?

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm not one for bashing products I haven't tried. I've been around the block though, and this almost sounds like the Slick 50 claims back in the day, when they were selling it for $40 a qt. Expensive doesn't mean better all the time, however people tend to think if they plop down the big $$$$$$$ it has to work. For me, I'll let others spend their money on it and report, and then take those reports with a grain of salt. I'll make sure those people aren't agents of the company getting paid or compensated with product to post their success stories. I want to hear reports from people who have been around a while and are not affiliated with the company. Even then it it checks out I still won't pay $110 for it, sorry.

Wow, I guess there was absolutely no reason for you to participate in this discussion. Thank you.

I'm interested in your report, and if the product takes off, and the price comes down it might be of some interest and value to me. I enjoy the additive section, and didn't bash the product.

Sounds like a start. Now when more people come back with that kind of feedback and we see some positive UOA's along with a price I can afford, I might just buy in.
11.gif

That's the problem: it's just too expensive. No one's going to try it. And if they do, they'll be reluctant to tell BITOG that they spent the money on it for fear of derision and mockery.

That's the problem with these high ticket additives. OTOH, people who get burnt for that kind of money might just tell the world the product worked. Misery enjoys company.

I won't speak one way or the other about this product, just a general statement. There are lots of products that produce benefit in terms of fuel economy and whatnot ..friction reduction. The problem has always been cost:benefit:durability. That is, does it make sense to spend $50 to save $12 worth of fuel where you may have to repeat it every $12 savings? That type of thing.

Precisely. So far, this product works as advertised, and gets better every time I drive the car.

I'm thinking it has brought my turbo back to life. Bearings and all that......the car just zooms along now.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
I pay A$660 a case for RX, why are people whining about US$110?

Cuz w'air Yank(er)s.
lol.gif

I hope the product works out for Hethaerto

So, if restore is lasting 5000kms(3000miles), it will cost $240 for 100000kms.
Isn't $240 more than $110?

The end result is that you will end up with paying more for a product that does nothing(Restore can not do what RVS can), as I have seen, after using both products.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
So, if restore is lasting 5000kms(3000miles), it will cost $240 for 100000kms.
Isn't $240 more than $110?

The end result is that you will end up with paying more for a product that does nothing(Restore can not do what RVS can), as I have seen, after using both products.

So what is this RVS?

My on-board computer keeps track of fuel mileage. I've compared the computer's reading with manual readings, and they've always been spot on.

The computer used to tell me the car got 18 mpg city. After treatment with CerMet, it now tells me 21.5. Highway mileage stayed exactly the same. So I'm burning less fuel while sitting at stoplights now.

Fair enough. When you talk about 18mpg vs 21.5mpg, are you talking about tank mileage? Do you have consistent data points? For example, if you visit high milers forums, you will see people posting the Excel spreadsheets or graphs showing mileage graphs for every tank. These are the guys which are in to achieving high mileage and have more scientific approach. One can look at the graph and then say with some degree of confidence that there is definite difference between before and after data.

You have to wonder why only city mileage went up and not the highway. In general, highway mileage is more consistent than city mileage.

Engine oil additive can do following thing(s)
1) Decrease the friction
2) Increase the compression by forming better seal

Both of these factors would positively affect the gas mileage, however, both city AND highway mileage would improve.

Your claim of 20% improvement (from 18 to 21.5) in city mileage and 0% improvement is quite extra-ordinary. For Prius like vehicles, improvement in city mileage is achieved by capturing the lost energy in braking. When you compare a similar hybrid car to a non-hybrid car, you will notice substantial improvement in city mileage but not so in highway mileage.

As far as my own vehicles are concerned, my per tank mileage routine jumps +/- 10% all the time even under what I think is "same driving conditions". Just the summer/winter blend makes a huge difference in my mileage! On the other hand, improvement in the car acceleration i.e. crisp throttle response is easily noticeable to me but lot harder to quantify and equally more difficult to convince others.

- Vikas

Anybody else wants to take a look at the following testimonial posted on that web site? Couple of statements jump out at me. It says the engine speed was kept constant at 1600rpm, hence the fuel consumption did NOT change but because of the magic elixir, vessel cut down its trip time! I supposed there is one born every minute!

"Honest officer, my speedo is showing 55mph but now thinking back, I just realized that it must be the Cemet in my engine that is causing my car to go at 65mph :)"

--------
"the engines RPMs had not been dialed down during or after the CerMet treatment from the typical operating speed of 1600RPM, thus allowing the vessel to bum the same amount of fuel per hour for each voyage"
--------
"it was noticed that the vessel was arriving at its destination much sooner than previously noted."
--------

- Vikas

=========================
RESULTS & ANALYSIS: Base Line data was collected for two months prior to the CerMet test, then the engines and gearboxes were treated and run for approximately seventy-five days. After Treatment data was then carefully collected, compared and analyzed. Our efforts concentrated on comparing "like" voyages, engine runs and loads. We are always conscious of external conditions and variables that may have an effect on any test outcome and we may mathematically adjust for these anomalies accordingly.

The Bahama Ranger was burning approximately 12 gallons of oil per day and soon after the CerMet treatment, the vessel showed a dramatic reduction in oil consumption now burning only 7 gallons per day, a savings of 42%. To explain: CerMet not only cleaned the cylinder walls, piston rings, bearings and other engine parts of oxidation and corrosion, but has begun to repair the surface and build the new ceramic-metal layer.

According to the vessel's data, the engines RPMs had not been dialed down during or after the CerMet treatment from the typical operating speed of 1600RPM, thus allowing the vessel to bum the same amount of fuel per hour for each voyage. Therefore, the method used for calculating fuel savings and efficiency increases was Overall Voyage Time comparisons. In doing so, it was noticed that the vessel was arriving at its destination much sooner than previously noted. Using this table we were able to find only one round-trip: Dania —> Long Island —> Cat Island —> Dania that was repeated more than 4 times in August (before treatment) and 3 times in December (after treatment). Thus comparing this trip will give us statistically significant difference in round-trip time. The average decreases in voyage times were approximately 8% (see chart below), thus an overall average fuel saving of 8%.

RECOMMENDATION: If the engine's RPMs are reduced to keep the vessel on normal schedules, the overall internal load will thus be reduced and the Bahama Ranger should see fuel savings closer to 15%, let alone significant additional savings in engine wear, maintenance and oil loss. It is recommended for G&G Shipping to calculate where the greatest savings for the company ultimately lie, either through quicker shipments or less wear and energy consumption on the engines. With these estimates and extrapolating across G & G's entire fleet we believe the overall company savings could conservatively be over $800,000, a return on investment over 5:1.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas

My on-board computer keeps track of fuel mileage. I've compared the computer's reading with manual readings, and they've always been spot on.

The computer used to tell me the car got 18 mpg city. After treatment with CerMet, it now tells me 21.5. Highway mileage stayed exactly the same. So I'm burning less fuel while sitting at stoplights now.

Fair enough. When you talk about 18mpg vs 21.5mpg, are you talking about tank mileage? Do you have consistent data points? For example, if you visit high milers forums, you will see people posting the Excel spreadsheets or graphs showing mileage graphs for every tank. These are the guys which are in to achieving high mileage and have more scientific approach. One can look at the graph and then say with some degree of confidence that there is definite difference between before and after data.

You have to wonder why only city mileage went up and not the highway. In general, highway mileage is more consistent than city mileage.

Engine oil additive can do following thing(s)
1) Decrease the friction
2) Increase the compression by forming better seal

Both of these factors would positively affect the gas mileage, however, both city AND highway mileage would improve.

Your claim of 20% improvement (from 18 to 21.5) in city mileage and 0% improvement is quite extra-ordinary. For Prius like vehicles, improvement in city mileage is achieved by capturing the lost energy in braking. When you compare a similar hybrid car to a non-hybrid car, you will notice substantial improvement in city mileage but not so in highway mileage.

As far as my own vehicles are concerned, my per tank mileage routine jumps +/- 10% all the time even under what I think is "same driving conditions". Just the summer/winter blend makes a huge difference in my mileage! On the other hand, improvement in the car acceleration i.e. crisp throttle response is easily noticeable to me but lot harder to quantify and equally more difficult to convince others.

- Vikas

Nope, I have no scientific methods to show MPG gains. I drive in the city everyday, and mileage climbed from 18 to 21.5. I made one road trip after installing CerMet, adn I got the same mileage I always get: 28. It is strange.

You're right about proving driveability. It can't be done, it must be experienced to be believed.

I've tried more engine treatments than I care to remember. Tufoil beat everybody hands down for durability. All others in a test lasted five to thirteen minutes in that 4-ball wear test. Tufoil lasted sixteen days. Now I've found a treatment that beats Tufoil: CerMet. The effects have not subsided, yet have gotten better day by day, even with the original treated oil changed out.

I actually looked up the product. It comes in a syringe and you get 5ml of it for $150 if you buy direct. At this price, it should come in a nice perfume crystal bottle! It is even more expensive than ink from a typical ink-jet printer :)

It is unfortunate that they have priced it so high. If it was under $25, even skeptic like me would purchase it.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back