I bit the bullet and ordered some Cermet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hethaerto:

After reading this, it is a lot like what everyone here does whenever Synlube is brought up. The makers claims are disputed, put down, or its called shake oil-yet no one has bitten the bullet and actually tried the stuff to see if it really works as claimed. So if its working for you and you are noticing a difference, run with it!

You're right, Jason. I'd like to try SynLube, too.

I guess the average BITOGer believes he should be able to try things out for free.

Hi.

I have used Synlube for 73000 kilometers and some 36 months.
It was working great, both in the engines and in the transmissions(one automatic and two manuals) and differentials.

However, I drained it, just to try out this RVS stuff.
I am going to put the Synlube back in the engine.

I guess I am not an average BITOGer.

The fun part is, that when I have been driving with Synlube for 10 years and 400000 kilometers, people will still say it doesn't work.
Even though they haven't seen it, or knowing what it is.

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: Jason8691
Hethaerto:

After reading this, it is a lot like what everyone here does whenever Synlube is brought up. The makers claims are disputed, put down, or its called shake oil-yet no one has bitten the bullet and actually tried the stuff to see if it really works as claimed. So if its working for you and you are noticing a difference, run with it!

You're right, Jason. I'd like to try SynLube, too.

I guess the average BITOGer believes he should be able to try things out for free.

More like that when a company uses testimonials that fly in the face of common sense, let alone physics.......

And by the way, the 73000 kilometers was in one car(the one I had it in for the longest period of time).

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
And by the way, the 73000 kilometers was in one car(the one I had it in for the longest period of time).

Ah, but do you have UOA's to back up your opinion and experiences?

No? Then that can only mean SynLube is a scam. :D

How can a UOA confirm that the engine runs smoother, quieter, is more responsive, has more power, or get's better fuel mileage?

If the only way you think you're getting a benefit with a product is through UOA then you haven't picked the right product.

We would all like to believe.
Novelists rely upon the reader's suspension of disbelief.
In the end, though, its not so much a matter of being out $110.00 that puts most of us off these products.
Rather, it is the thought of pouring some unknown concoction from some unknown maker into an engine that scares us off.
If I had a car with obvious engine wear problems, and had nothing to loose, I might spend the coin out of curiosity.
I don't think I would risk a fully functional engine to try it out, however.

I've checked out the three major ceramic-metal treatment manufacturers: CerMet, Xado and now RVS.

It seems that $100 is the going rate for one passenger car treatment.

I have been using SynLube in most of my cars since about 1979, and never had any problems, back then they only recomended 5 years or 50,000 miles oil changes on BERTONE X1.9

Now they go longer, but you can change the SynLube any time and tehy give you money back for the USED OIL !

I did that 5 different times on 3 different cars, and they always did what they promise.

Really unusual concept you get your money back for USED OIL, so in effect the use of SynLube is ALWAYS FREE.

Would this product be considered a Ceramic metal treatment, or lube?

Hexagonal-Boron Nitride (hBN) Nanopowder

Yes. I've heard of people calling it a cermaic powder, but they could be wrong, which is why I asked.

Hi.

I read somewhere that it is some kind of ceramic.
Also found this, that I copied:
A synthetic material composed of boron and nitrogen with the atoms combined in a hexagonal lattice such that it has a structure similar to graphite. Also known as white graphite.

I've read, and spoke with a few people who sell BN (nano-powder) for lubes and guys coating bullets. What they've found was it ends up in the combustion chamber and fouls plugs when used in automotive applications. It does work well for coating bullets. They suggested MOS2 or Tungsten Disulfide as better alternatives. TD while being very good settles out of suspension, but upon starting the engine goes back into suspension. Just passing along information, not product bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back