Touring:
CIMG3621.jpg

CIMG3622.jpg

Fit (ignore the Porsches in the background):

CIMG3619.jpg

CIMG3613.jpg

Comparing the Fit to my Buick height-wise:
CIMG3623.jpg

I'd cross-shop the Touring and the Fit Sport, as both have similar missions.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Yup, copied and pasted. Probably because they keep the rev's up in the automatic for performance mode and so the transmission isn't always down/up shifting for performance.
21.gif

Quote:
4-speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive - Highway 6.5L (26.2 MPG)

It's a typo. 6.5 l/100km = 36.2 MPG, not 26.2.

Sorry I googled all the MPG for the American guys on the board so that you could see the mileage in your terms and I must have put the wrong number into Google. oops!
thumbsup2.gif

Sorry about that!

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Nice looking car. First car that came to mind was Saturn Vue 5 door
Saturn needs to bring the Euro turbo engine over to give it some zip. I prefer the 3 door.
092723.1-lg.jpg
Saturn Astra.

Nice car, and I agree that the 3-door looks better. Roofline is terrible on the 3-door, though; I test-sat one and my head was brushing the headliner -- and the car didn't even have a sunroof.

As for the Hyundai, also a nice vehicle. Saw one on the lot about 6 weeks ago and if I was so-inclined, it would definitely be on my list. I can't afford any more additions to the fleet right now, though....

I like it! and we get the 1.6L diesel down here. its called an i30 station wagon here though. if i were in the market, sure!

Originally Posted By: Tosh
I wonder what's going on with having 'A/C,' 'Max A/C,' and 'recirc' on three separate buttons...

I have all of those on my car. If I put it on max a/c it blows cold air with the recirc on. I think the recirc button is for adjusting the temp for anything less than the coldest setting. Kind of redundant.

Recirc button is for closing out the "fresh air" from the outside no matter if the A/C is on or off.

Like when you stuck behind a idiot in a hopped up diesel truck.
06.gif

I'm really liking Hyundai!

Glad since the choices of car/truck MFG have gone down since Jan 09....
smirk2.gif

The Touring is nice.

Bill

Hyundai had an elantra wagon in the 90's but dropped it when they got their cute ute (santa fe?) presumably to force sales to the bigger/more profitable whatsis.

Others have done this: saturn dropped the s-series wagon when the L series and VUE were coming out.

At least the Kia Rio wagon filled the gap.
LOL.gif

Good to see companies getting back in the small wagon/ hatch biz.

Looks kind of hard to see out the back of that Touring though. Might be a good place to not frame in the rear window with black paint so it looks "cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back