How far can a squirrel fall

I've never really seen the appeal of hunting. Maybe it's just me.

Think Bambi!
How do you feel about cows being slaughtered to give you the steaks you enjoy, the hamburger meat for your Wendy's Dave's Single, McD's Big Mac, the leather for your work boots, etc.....?????
People hunt to put meat on the table, "SOMEWHAT" like the way a cow is slaughtered, to provide! At the end of the day, it's all the SAME!

How do you feel about cows being slaughtered to give you the steaks you enjoy, the hamburger meat for your Wendy's Dave's Single, McD's Big Mac, the leather for your work boots, etc.
People hunt to put meat on the table, "SOMEWHAT" like the way a cow is slaughtered, to provide! At the end of the day, it's all the SAME!
beefcake.

Those animals are bred for the slaughter. That is the difference.

How do you feel about cows being slaughtered to give you the steaks you enjoy, the hamburger meat for your Wendy's Dave's Single, McD's Big Mac, the leather for your work boots, etc.....?????

It is different than going out and killing with a gun or a bow. Particularly if for sport.

If you EAT the animal then the comparison can be made.

But the animals of the wild.. are out minding their own business. Whatever they are. The cows and chickens were made for the purpose of being human food.

Ever seen City Slickers?

It is different than going out and killing with a gun or a bow. Particularly if for sport.

But the animals of the wild.. are out minding their own business. Whatever they are. The cows and chickens were made for the purpose of being human food.

Ever seen City Slickers?
No, but I have seen PETA, Tree Huggers, Shoot the whales, save the seals, etc.
BTW, your logic about the cows and chickens, it makes about as much sense as a submarine with a screen door! 🙃 :rolleyes:

Ever seen City Slickers?
Oh, my cousin called me earlier and said he shot a 6 point this morning that weighed about 175 lbs. Man, I can taste those deer burgers now! And, that deer roast with red eye gravy, sopping up that gravy with biscuits, will be the cherry on top! 😋

No, but I have seen PETA, Tree Huggers, Shoot the whales, save the seals, etc.
BTW, your logic about the cows and chickens, it makes about as much sense as a submarine with a screen door! 🙃 :rolleyes:

It really doesn't make as little sense as you say, those animals are bred for the slaughter...

I have a squirl I have seen belly flop in my canal missing a tree at least a dozen times. This is from a good 30 feet up

Back on topic....
There are some hilarious videos on YouTube from people who construct catapults to launch nuisance squirrels who won't leave their bird feeders alone.
The squirrels get tossed a good distance and usually get up and run. One of the best shows a guy that set up the impact zone to be in the middle of a pond. The squirrels splash down and then swim to the bank looking no worse for the wear

Back on topic....
There are some hilarious videos on YouTube from people who construct catapults to launch nuisance squirrels who won't leave their bird feeders alone.
The squirrels get tossed a good distance and usually get up and run. One of the best shows a guy that set up the impact zone to be in the middle of a pond. The squirrels splash down and then swim to the bank looking no worse for the wear

This guy is a genius! :ROFLMAO:

I have no problem with hunting for food, its the trophy hunting and killing creatures for no good reason that bothers me.
I've taken down 3 deer in my life. Unfortunately, I was in my car on all 3 occasions. I like to think it was more their choice than mine. Deer are a BIG reason I sold my motorcycle.

Last edited:
You can't necessarily look at heights relative to size. A shaved squirrel falling 10 ft is about the same as a human falling 10 ft. Gravity is gravity. And when you see something like an insect falling hundreds of times its height, that's running into terminal velocity and buoyancy. But falling 6 feet is probably easier than a human falling 6 feet.

I'm all for squirrels except when they get into your garage and destroy your model airplane! And somehow chew a battery terminal and live.

Back