Hotels

Enjoy the prices while you can. I can imagine once things get back to normal everyone will be wanting to get away on a vacation and they'll be gouging us with prices.

I'm not going anywhere on vacation, anytime soon.
I was doing a bit of research for next winters' getaway (hopefully), and checked next winters' pricing for condos we had rented for a week or two previously in Florida and Maui. Prices will be nearly double :eek: what we paid just two or three years ago. I think they are anticipating a surge of vacationers next winter.

Absolutely. Never thought of that but it is so true. Even the big name chains are disappointing .
I like the hotels that had restaurants either on the first floor or directly next to them.
Those restaurants are now serving “breakfast in a bag to go”, while Dr. Phraudci ...

I think working from home will become the new normal for office workers. Before they would say it's not working. Now they have proved it wrong. Less people on the road means less traffic, roads will last longer and air quality is much better. Governments don't like it since they are losing on gas taxes and other related taxes.

If some employers force people back into offices, then those people (especially the younger workforce) will seek employment elsewhere that incorporates working from home. I'm 65 kms (40 miles east of Toronto). House prices in Toronto are nuts, bidding wars, some houses selling for 250-400k over asking in prime areas for old houses that are plagued with potential problems. People have been leaving Toronto and moving anywhere else housing is cheaper. Now the prices out here have gone nuts too. I'm just glad I don't have to buy a house in this economy.
If you don't have to live close to work won't the property values go down in those exclusive areas.
I worked from home my whole life and I'm going to move out of this expensive area as why pay the price if I don't have too. I stayed in the area for family but they are all gone now. I could work from a homeless shelter...lol

In Wilmington Delaware off of Rte 202 my brother and I used to get tuxed up and sneak into the weddings on Saturdays.
That was in the early 80's and they had a restaurant and bar and did weddings too.
I learned then that if you look like you belong nobody bothered you.........lol

It was great fun.
That is the kind of hotel I like-Maybe Overkill would know but we did the same around Hamilton ON. in the day.
One stop.......

One name of hotel that I haven’t seen in years is Microtel Inn whatever happened to them?
They are apparently now a Wyndham brand that still has some locations.

Sometimes when a hotel becomes a crime problem or nuisance it gets run out of town one way or another. Might be too many micro mini businesses running out of the Microtel.

They are apparently now a Wyndham brand that still has some locations.

Sometimes when a hotel becomes a crime problem or nuisance it gets run out of town one way or another. Might be too many micro mini businesses running out of the Microtel.
True. I know they tore down the one that was in my city years ago.

I stayed in one many times in Palm Coast. Last time I was there a guy beat his wife up and then killed himself on my floor. I was there when they hauled him out.
Uh.....haven't been back...lol
Gosh Jim sounds rough. I’m glad you weren’t involved.

One name of hotel that I haven’t seen in years is Microtel Inn whatever happened to them?
Screenshot_20210207-181240.png

I've been on the road 200 nights a year for 23 years now. Last year I only did 160 with the pandemic. I'm top of the food chain with Hilton, Marriott, and Holiday Inn. Hotels are such hit or miss, I have my favorites in each city and around the world though. Prices are stupid low right now, like airfare. I've had my share of some really nice rooms over the years, and some real scary ones too.

I normally traveled every week until this last year, but I will say, the prices were dirt cheap when I did.

I booked some vacation dates for next October and the prices were higher than ever before. I always check many times prior to the trip looking for better rates though. Hopefully they will come down. $250+ a night for a Holiday Inn Express is really pushing the limits.

I wont stay at a Marriott because of principle. Marriott spoofs innocent peoples cell phone numbers and uses them to repetitively call me over and over "congratulating" me on whatever they are selling. I tried everything possible to stop them and even called Marriott numerous times and the calls still come. Any company that intentionally SPOOFS innocent individuals phones can forget about me ever spending another dime with them. STAY AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!

I wont stay at a Marriott because of principle. Marriott spoofs innocent peoples cell phone numbers and uses them to repetitively call me over and over "congratulating" me on whatever they are selling. I tried everything possible to stop them and even called Marriott numerous times and the calls still come. Any company that intentionally SPOOFS innocent individuals phones can forget about me ever spending another dime with them. STAY AWAY FROM MARRIOTT!
I have over 700 nights at a Marriott. They’ve got my number. They’ve treated me very well over the years.

This has never happened to me, not once.

Are you certain that it’s Marriott? Not some spammer? Not some timeshare/vacation deal?

It is definitely Marriott. They peddle "Marriott Rewards" and Marriott vacation packages and the like. Sad thing is they SPOOF innocent peoples phone numbers to do this. I am on all the Do Not Call lists, too. They ignore it.

What is the marketing with good discounts on mobile apps
Most folks have cell phones and the discounts are like 10-15%
Online is online right? Unless they are targeting younger travelers???

It is definitely Marriott. They peddle "Marriott Rewards" and Marriott vacation packages and the like. Sad thing is they SPOOF innocent peoples phone numbers to do this. I am on all the Do Not Call lists, too. They ignore it.
Sounds like someone is trying to scam you and it's not Marriott:

Back