Honda Develops New 1.8l i-VTEC Engine for New Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh....correct me if I'm wrong here, but the V6 Accord has used nothing but timing belts. What??? Are the 06 models coming out with a timing chain?????

"The Ultimate Engine will have electric oil, and water pumps, and electric valves."
I said this in another thread, but it wasn't so well received: It wouldn't take much development of the diesel engine to use the same used vegetable oil for cooling, lubrication, and combustion. I will wait for a Honda diesel to try this with...

The I4 accord has a chain the V6 is a belt. I would guess that the next re design of the V6 will use a chain that is the pattern that Honda has been following on all new engines designs. When will this happen, don't know. Wow the civic D series engine lasted 20 years. That's longer than Honda engine design usually lasts. Dan

Read somewhere that the govt japanese auto consortum has encouraged the oem's to go back to chains. Reputation for reliabilty was cited as most important for japanese auto industry future. belts, as good as they may have been, have presented problems or perception of unreliability or added maintence cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back