High Performance Lubricants PCMO Series

PCMO- group 3 OCP VII
PCMO premium- group 3 star polymer
PCMO premium plus- group 4 star polymer

The premium in your post contradicts with the premium in this post below which says its group 4, is there an authoritative source for all this? I probably won't buy the premium anyway but might be nice to know what it is just in case.

The premium in your post contradicts with the premium in this post below which says its group 4, is there an authoritative source for all this? I probably won't buy the premium anyway but might be nice to know what it is just in case.

Just based on how HPL describes them in the first 3 posts in this thread

Your linked post is not correct, and the description from @travis8352 is correct based on HPL’s own descriptions. Rod Knock / Vitamin Yoda was always certain but sometimes incorrect.

Last edited:
ZDDP, MoDTC, and esters are good at preventing LSPI. It's actually a more effective method of prevention than lowering calcium, but API won't allow it for SP oils.
For the past 8000 miles I've run the 0w30 Supercar in my B48 2.0 Turbocharged Direct Injection engine putting out over 300 HP with no indication of any LSPI problems.

How long are you planning to run this Oil?
Are you planning to do a UOA at 5000 miles or so?
What are your driving habits like, meaning how many miles do you drive a year?
most of my driving is short trips but engine stays warmed up. i use it for deliveries so even though i'm short tripping engine stay warm throughout the day. usually 5-10 minutes between stop-start. drive about 100-150 miles a day.

most of my driving is short trips but engine stays warmed up. i use it for deliveries so even though i'm short tripping engine stay warm throughout the day. usually 5-10 minutes between stop-start. drive about 100-150 miles a day.

Actually, a short tripper is someone who starts a car cold and drives a few miles, parks it, and then starts it up later.
Lets do some math, 100 miles a day times 5 days a week is 26,000 miles a year. 150 miles a day times 5 days a week is 39,000 miles a year. You are a great candidate for HPL Oil. I do check my oil level once a week, then again, I only drive between 5000 and 10,000 miles a year.

If I was in your shoes, I would check the oil level every day before you go out!

Actually, a short tripper is someone who starts a car cold and drives a few miles, parks it, and then starts it up later.
Lets do some math, 100 miles a day times 5 days a week is 26,000 miles a year. 150 miles a day times 5 days a week is 39,000 miles a year. You are a great candidate for HPL Oil. I do check my oil level once a week, then again, I only drive between 5000 and 10,000 miles a year.

If I was in your shoes, I would check the oil level every day before you go out!
just ordered some PCMO Premium 0w20 for my 2023 Civic Si. Figured the Premium Plus wasn't necessary since it doesn't get very cold here in NC.

I sent HPL an email about oil for a 2015 Porsche Cayman. Never received a response. Does anyone know which one to go with or if anyone has tried it (un)successfully in the past in the 9a1 motor?

I sent HPL an email about oil for a 2015 Porsche Cayman. Never received a response. Does anyone know which one to go with or if anyone has tried it (un)successfully in the past in the 9a1 motor?

Does the manual or underhood sticker call for an A40 or C30 oil?

A40 - HPL Euro 5W-40
C30 - HPL Euro 5W-30

I'll have to look next time I run out to the garage. Always based it off the recommendation of M1 0-40 or 5w40. I had a local shop do the first oil change when I bought the car but now I'm due for another and will be doing all maintenance (and mods) myself. Last shop didn't ask what I wanted and just used ROWE 5w40. Ultimately it was fine and was able to tell an immediate difference based off of whatever was in there previously. Engine was considerably quieter and smoother from the moment I turned it on.

I'll have to look next time I run out to the garage. Always based it off the recommendation of M1 0-40 or 5w40. I had a local shop do the first oil change when I bought the car but now I'm due for another and will be doing all maintenance (and mods) myself. Last shop didn't ask what I wanted and just used ROWE 5w40. Ultimately it was fine and was able to tell an immediate difference based off of whatever was in there previously. Engine was considerably quieter and smoother from the moment I turned it on.
Sounds like A40, based on those oils. I did a little searching around and it seems that is accurate.

Given that, HPL Euro 5W-40 would be the choice. Good product.

Back