High Performance Lubricants No VII series engine oils.

I'm in love! :love:

take-my-money.gif

Not complaining here, just hoping to be educated.

In your link, there weren't any 0w oils. Is that simply because you haven't gotten around to them yet, or because there is something in VIIs that allow an oil to meet the pumpability tests for the 0w standard--that you can't get, without those VIIs?

In your link, there weren't any 0w oils. Is that simply because you haven't gotten around to them yet, or because there is something in VIIs that allow an oil to meet the pumpability tests for the 0w standard--that you can't get, without those VIIs?
0W oils are a compromise. It is possible to blend 0W engine oils without VII, however, the results wouldn't be optimal. As far as I know it is difficult to get a decent NOACK value and a stable product without using VII for a 0W motor oil. Then again, I could be wrong. I am not an expert, just a hobbyist. A month ago we thought that even the oils listed in the PDS were not possible without using VII. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a question, not trying to be a jerk here. Why exactly do you think would you need a 0w oil? 5wXX oil will work perfectly fine 98%+ of the time just about anywhere in the continental states.

But yes, Rod Knock answered your question on this oil. Either you’d end up with a substandard oil because it was super thin, or else you’d need VIIs to hit the 0w ratings. 👍🏻

Dave, my thanks for doing this, on several levels. There's a part of me that wishes I didn't already have some of your oil on hand as I'd have great motivation to pull out my credit card.

The Euro 5W-20 looks fantastic, so much so that I couldn't help but think there's a typo in the spec sheet. The PCMO 5W-30 has my name all over it ... I definitely like what I see.

If there's no VII, how do you get the viscosity spread? Choice of base stocks? Additive package?

This is not something I've ever felt nor anything I thought I'd ever say, but I feel a little tingle of excitement about these oils.

If you were asking about my personally, I hope 0w isn't necessary. I put 10w oil in my Camry.

Just a question, not trying to be a jerk here. Why exactly do you think would you need a 0w oil? 5wXX oil will work perfectly fine 98%+ of the time just about anywhere in the continental states.
But yes, Rod Knock answered your question on this oil. Either you’d end up with a substandard oil because it was super thin, or else you’d need VIIs to hit the 0w ratings. 👍🏻

Quick question? After I get done using the M1 0w30 I doubt I will go back to the Redline 0w20/5w20/0w30 and only use their Non Slip CVT fluid. What I want to run from HPL is a really stout 5w20 or a 0w30 that kinda in the similar arena as the Redline was. Another thought is do I want to try high oci and use a SS Amsoil line or HPL? I did like the way the RL ran but it was more for people who were content changing it a bit more frequently than even I would like to. It was a bit on the thicker side but once up to temperature I felt comfortable throwing triple digit speeds at it or letting her idle in driveway while talking to medical staff. This whole GDi thing has me concerned about fuel dilution too. I use good fuel, quality additives,clean the pcv valve and do brief IVD cleanings every 5-10k. I am open to suggestions,thoughts. Currently at 224,000 miles give or take. I do intend to hopefully get a performance downpipe,TB spacer and K-tuner or Hondata so I still want to have a lubricant that serves primary for protection and durability vs economy too. Thank You

Not to hit the 0W ratings, but to hit the KV100 ratings and HTHS.

Back