High Performance Lubricants No VII series engine oils.

@High Performance Lubricants was that you I saw on Tom Bailey's YouTube channel? :)

Oddly enough, it wasn't oil-related!

If referring to the video he just released yesterday, that's Harry Hruska. He owns the rights to the "HPL" brand and is the founder of Precision Turbo. His oils are blended by High Performance Lubricants, and they maintain a good relationship.

If referring to the video he just released yesterday, that's Harry Hruska. He owns the rights to the "HPL" brand and is the founder of Precision Turbo. His oils are blended by High Performance Lubricants, and they maintain a good relationship.

That's the one.

I know Tom said they were at HPL, but also HPT too (?).

Precision Turbo seem to be excellent quality, watched a lot of them on Cleetus's channel.

Got my order today. 6 qts 0w16 and 6 qts 5w20. High Performance Lubricants.
(HPL) Was shipped pretty quickly.
Only thing is, both the vehicles we drive the most just had oil changes so, it
will be a while before I use it. I am very glad to have it though.

If some things fall into place this year, I’m going to have Harry do the turbos on my truck. It appears they change the wheels only and keep the stock housings, and with no other changes the truck should pick up over 100hp at the wheels. About $1k per turbo to mod.

Harry’s a turbo genius- back in the day Harry would come out to the track I worked at with Stephanie Eggum & her Honda. 4 cyl, Harry’s turbo, and Big Stuff 3 ECU. It would run ~137mph in the 1/8 mile and around 185 in the 1/4, back in 2004. They’d have Stephanie do her burnouts, back up, and they’d literally grab the wheelie bars & lift up the back end of the car and move it over to get her lined up. IIRC Harry said they were making right around 1000HP out of a B18!

This was asked and addressed somewhere back in the thread.
Short answer is no, but it should be very good.
It's been asked several times with responses from Dave@HPL to explain. If this is critical to you then an oil with approvals etc. is your go-to if you want to see those numbers. When you go with oils like this, you accept that you may not get all the data and put your faith so to say in the company and their track record.

It's been asked several times with responses from Dave@HPL to explain. If this is critical to you then an oil with approvals etc. is your go-to if you want to see those numbers. When you go with oils like this, you accept that you may not get all the data and put your faith so to say in the company and their track record.
It’s not “critical”

No thanks on the off the shelf stuff; add packs and such change so much it’s not even funny also

I have faith in HPL

Thanks

Do we know what the NOACK # is for this series of oils?

Thank You
Start reading from this post forward ... gets into the Noack stuff.

^^^ Just found this paper. "The TGA Noack Test for the Assessment of Engine Oil Volatility".

Dave @High Performance Lubricants, is this basically what HPL uses (link below)? Have you ever correlated the TGA test results to the standard Noack test method results? Edit - I see in your post above that you've most likely done some TGA Noack comparison/correlation work with standard Noack testing methods.

PDF link to paper:
While the Noack test does provide valuable information on oil volatilities, there are concerns about the test due to health or safety reasons. These stem around the fact that the Noack test utilizes a metal alloy, for heat transfer purposes, comprised of lead, bismuth, tin and cadmium, the vapors of which are toxic. The Noack test is also imprecise, labor intensive and time consuming to conduct.

Makes you wonder how/why an imprecise test can be used as a “standard” of gauging the quality of an oil, eh? Not really sure why some people get such a woody for Noack while simultaneously slamming Blackstone for their imprecise fuel percentage… 🤣

Makes you wonder how/why an imprecise test can be used as a “standard” of gauging the quality of an oil, eh? Not really sure why some people get such a woody for Noack while simultaneously slamming Blackstone for their imprecise fuel percentage… 🤣
b/c inTAke ValvE DEposITs bro :ROFLMAO:

Back