High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

Some on here are getting downright obsessive on engine cleaning. If you use modern synthetic oil of the correct viscosity and oci’s, your engine should be spotless.

Wanna bet?
I already lost that bet with a BMW that only had BMW branded oil in it @ OLM changes for 120k miles. It had black gunk built up under the VC that HPL Cleaner removed. Not good for that to get in the variable valve timing system.
Many others on this forum have demonstrated not all engines stay clean with top brand synthetic oils for the recommended OCI.

Some on here are getting downright obsessive on engine cleaning. If you use modern synthetic oil of the correct viscosity and oci’s, your engine should be spotless.

This came out of a GM 3800 V6 with 130k miles that used modern API oil and changed religiously every 3,000 miles. This was after an OCI with the HPL engine cleaner.

242600755_3034312173493900_4661972353210766228_n.jpg

View @OVERKILL’s oil filter thread that had a diet of solely M1 EP from new… and once on HPL Overkill 0w20, he found his filter caught a slurry of soft, carbonaceous “dirt” that formed something almost like a grease.

View @OVERKILL’s oil filter thread that had a diet of solely M1 EP from new… and once on HPL Overkill 0w20, he found his filter caught a slurry of soft, carbonaceous “dirt” that formed something almost like a grease.
I looked through his posts and couldn’t find it.

i found it. Very interesting.

Last edited:
This is what I was basing my statement on. 2000 MB 4.3 V8 with 100k and very little info on service history even from MB. I'm assuming what maintenance it had was with 229.5 oil. I was amazed how clean it was for a 22 yr old car.

Attachments

• 0B294383-9873-4501-AEF1-C2A104AEDE1D.jpeg
    0B294383-9873-4501-AEF1-C2A104AEDE1D.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 189
used 1 qt in 4.44 quarts and I had no issues. it's a good solid product that all the seafoam and most people should get on board with as this actually does great merits. using even a quality otc synthetic oil I would consider it a once every 25000 miles. I can appreciate the BG 2 part cleaner flush but the cost is kinda high and alot goes into doing it. the epr from bg is a viscous solvent and I try to avoid solvents however and whenever possible. I do also like the the gumout multitune for its versatile uses,the lubegard engine flush and the amsoil flush but this HPL EC30 has all the right stuff and has the least amount of cons out of any product on the market. one could use a qt of Redline to add some ester but I think this way would be more costly and could cause a issue in cars that aren't in the best of shape/leakers.

This is what I was basing my statement on. 2000 MB 4.3 V8 with 100k and very little info on service history even from MB. I'm assuming what maintenance it had was with 229.5 oil. I was amazed how clean it was for a 22 yr old car.
Not sure if the 229.5/502.00 add packs being used today are much different than the ones from 20 years ago. 🤔

I also used 2x cans of LM engine flush prior to draining. I'll likely switch over to HPL Euro 5W40 like my Sportwagen on my next change which should keep things nice and tidy going forward.
You giving up your free LM?

Back