High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpeg
    IMG_1956.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 50
You can change your username yourself. Click on your account>account details>username.

But why would you want to? You’ve been TiGeo since joining. The whole gang already knows you.
Oh I thought this was someone with multiple accounts.

Just purchased a 2011 GX460 that apparently lived on dealer oil changes with Synpower. 0w-20.

with 160k on it, I think it's well time to step up to 30wt. Might try the HP stuff, but with 9 quarts in this thing, I have a minor pause.

450 mi into the above plan and since adding the half quart of HPL EC 30 there has been no discernible loss. Either it’s working to free the rings, there are other more mysterious factors at play, or I overfilled last time (unlikely). It’s too early to call, but I’m surprised and encouraged.

I did run a tank of Amsoil “Performance Improver” in this interval as well.
Update on this. It has been 836 mi since I added 0.5 qt of HPL EC30 to my CR-V’s Amsoil 0w-30 sump. In those miles, there was only 6 oz (0.1875 qt) of burn. That’s 4,460 mi/qt! I added another 6 oz of EC30.

This is likely about as good as a K24A with over 181,000 mi can get. It’s still too early to declare victory, but this is very encouraging!

As a recap, this engine went 2500 mi/qt with Supertech Advanced 5w-20, 1000 mi/qt with Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30, and 1550 mi/qt (technically 775 mi/0.5 qt) with the virgin fill of this Amsoil 0w-30.

The data certainly suggests to me that the HPL engine clean is doing something.

Update on this. It has been 836 mi since I added 0.5 qt of HPL EC30 to my CR-V’s Amsoil 0w-30 sump. In those miles, there was only 6 oz (0.1875 qt) of burn. That’s 4,460 mi/qt! I added another 6 oz of EC30.

This is likely about as good as a K24A with over 181,000 mi can get. It’s still too early to declare victory, but this is very encouraging!

As a recap, this engine went 2500 mi/qt with Supertech Advanced 5w-20, 1000 mi/qt with Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30, and 1550 mi/qt (technically 775 mi/0.5 qt) with the virgin fill of this Amsoil 0w-30.

The data certainly suggests to me that the HPL engine clean is doing something.

Absolutely love to hear anecdotes like this, thank you!

Reminded me that I have to order more for my wife’s car asap!

Absolutely love to hear anecdotes like this, thank you!

Reminded me that I have to order more for my wife’s car asap!
I’ve been so pleased with @High Performance Lubricants products, service, and support that all my vehicles (except my Subaru that leaks some oil) including my zero turn mower are running HPL.

Between UOA data & anecdotes from gents like @wwillson, @OVERKILL, @RDY4WAR, @Astro14 and others documented on the board, along with my personal experience, I feel confident in saying there are no finer commercially available line of lubricants than HPL.

If you’re willing to discard the “learned limits” of normal oils and use data rather than emotions to determine appropriate OCIs using UOAs, HPL can quickly eliminate the cost-per-mile gap with lesser oils. Plus you’d be supporting a local business that not only sponsors this board, but is also reactive to the needs and wants of our community!

I’ve been so pleased with @High Performance Lubricants products, service, and support that all my vehicles (except my Subaru that leaks some oil) including my zero turn mower are running HPL.

Between UOA data & anecdotes from gents like @wwillson, @OVERKILL, @RDY4WAR, @Astro14 and others documented on the board, along with my personal experience, I feel confident in saying there are no finer commercially available line of lubricants than HPL.

If you’re willing to discard the “learned limits” of normal oils and use data rather than emotions to determine appropriate OCIs using UOAs, HPL can quickly eliminate the cost-per-mile gap with lesser oils. Plus you’d be supporting a local business that not only sponsors this board, but is also reactive to the needs and wants of our community!
I really want them to make an equivalent range of products for modern motorcycles.

Got 2 qt of EC30 for 2005 Accord 4cyl with 180k miles. Wish me luck as I'm new to HPL.
Nasty neglected motor when I got it. $1K and needed full tune up, compliance bushings, Rack & Pinon, minor things and PWR steering pump. Done a few liquid molly flushes which you can see a little bit cleaner looking under engine oil cap.

Want to try AC delco X66P as I know a dealer with 9 cans of it, only allowed 2. Burn at least 1 qt at 1K miles or less. Hence X66P in cyls to soak a while? Known oil consumption problem with 4cyl accords.

For my SRT8s Quantum Blue made a difference in all fluids. Rear end, transmission on 1 with shift kit, PWR steering whine on 1 and 6.1L slight HEMI tick on 1 of them. Wife even noticed difference. OIL catch can is a must on a HEMI. ACES IV helps with non ethanol gas here for MPG. Hondas (2013 Pilot also) are Ktuned and SRT 8s have Diablo Trinity 2 custom tunes.

Increased Grass Clippings per blade swipe? That's dedication.

Back