Hi. My name is Brian and I am a motor oil hoarding addict.

Of course....but this, while being a great "deal", also had a cost in time that isn't factored in to get those deals/rebates/etc. And storing 114 qt of oil?
Some do spend a lot of time to get the deals, but I don't feel the amount of time I spent getting the deals was anything out of the ordinary.
I never specifically went more than 4-5 miles from home to get oil, I did go to stores further away if I was already in the area though.
I would have had to go get oil at some point in time anyway, so doing it 2 years ago or 2 weeks ago makes no difference in time.
Spending 5-10 minutes to fill out rebates, again, not a big deal.

As for storage, It takes up one section of my garage shelf.
Not in the way, not taking place of anything else.

Of course....but this, while being a great "deal", also had a cost in time that isn't factored in to get those deals/rebates/etc. And storing 114 qt of oil?

In many cases that's the point. I'm shopping for a few hundred dollars worth of parts and have spent hours scouring the web for the best prices. I could have made more than all the parts cost easily by doing something productive with the time but the reality is I would have spent it watching old reruns or something. The hunt is entertainment.

A lot of people waste a lot of time sleeping while they could do something more productive, unbelievable!!

Back