Here is my 2019 Jetta lease I turned in early on Dealer Website

I see these kind of posts on BITOG all the time. I think it depends on location. We haggled with our dealer and got our Jetta for $3000 off MSRP. We have a Jetta S, but certainly didn't pay close to 15K. Looking at TruCar and other tools, we got a good deal when compared so similar sales in our area but not the thousands and thousands off MSRP some of these BITOG posts suggest are easily achievable.
1606789911679.png

Really not bad pricing at all to get into a base Jetta that looks much more expensive than its $16k price tag would suggest. These are the only two manual trans one of my local volume dealerships has - they have ½ dozen S autos for $800 more.

Dealer below now has online buying so you can lock in that price so no hidden adds below the line.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 12.06.05 AM.png

They dinged you for a torn hood insulator? What's the story behind that?
Mouse chewing on the insulator a bit near an access hole in it. I thought that was ridiculous.
But VW ended up not charging me anything for wear and tear and they didnt even charge me
the $350.00 disposition fee

PAYMENT DUE DATE: November 7, 2020
Description Amount Tax Total
Outstanding Payments $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Total Excess Wear & Tear $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Disposition Fee $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Excess Mileage @ .20 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Loss/Misc Charges $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
TOTAL AMOUNT DUE: $0.00
Credits
Credits listed below have been applied to your account and are
reflected in our Summary of Charges and Total Amount Due.
No Credits Applied
Fair Market Value Assessment
Fair Market Wholesale Value $13,724.00
Less Residual Value $13,338.60
Total Surplus** $385.40

I have my popcorn ready for this thread and for when the Outback starts falling apart due to abuse.........oh wait it was already put into a substantial ditch.
So, I'm the entertainment for the VW fan club?
I guess fan boys don't like Objective and Critical reviews.

That's not abuse , it's called driving in up country.
The Jetta has its charms, but I would not lease it it again.
And I wouldn't buy one with the Shortened warranty.
Handling is way too sloppy for a modern car, though it does ride well on the highway.

But then again it was so underdamped I bottomed out all four corners on a float and slam down on i-93 near Boston twice.
That is SERIOUSLY underdamped. The replacement of the rear springs - under recall- didnt help; in fact it made the ride and handling worse.

But, All economy cars are compromises; You pick your favourite attributes and go for that.

Some go used.
My best friend bought a 2011 100K BMW 750 Li twin turbo V8 AWD for just $11,000 with 78K miles on it.
It n excellent shape and no accidents, one owner.

And BMW is on the hook for the drivetrain for 120K miles due to a class action lawsuit. so not much downside there.

Back