Here is my 2019 Jetta lease I turned in early on Dealer Website

Here it is: Arco's famous VW Jetta he praised and complained about :)

Funny, I was offered the option to buy for $13,400 at the residual. I just dropped it off and had my wife pick me up and take me home.

At least for some reason they didnt charge me settlement to turn it it, then they sent me a check for 100 bucks.
I never put a down payment on it. Not a bad process.

2019 VW Jetta Used - Certified

A prospective buyer will be impressed with the cars 2x's 10,000 mile service on the Carfax or not.

I have been casually shopping and have determined you can get a 2020 R-Line for about 19,000 or so without any negotiation, and S trim models for 17,000. 15.7k for this one would be a hard sell!

Last edited:
I have been casually shopping and have determined you can get a 2020 R-Line for about 19,000 or so without any negotiation, and S trim models for 17,000. 15.7k for this one would be a hard sell!
Yup...

in 19 you could buy a NEW S model with a stick for less than 15.

so what gets the Arco torture test next?

Yup...

I bought a used Subaru Outback with a 6 speed stick as I didnt like how the Impreza put down power or steered,. It had a bit of tough life. But it had the T belt done and has good maintenance with the diffs and manual transaxle fluid changed 2x already at only 65K. Nice on Subaru MT, they have a dipstick on the MT you can access from under the hood :)
I'm chasing a rough idle right now thinking exhaust valve lash as eveything else checks out - though I haven't pulled the EGR module. Plugs read too white.
Then I drove it into a substantial ditch where a pipe collapsed across an access road to our oldS Gym. I was at the gym to vote in the Election.
The road agent had not placed Cones or SLOW signs. I was going up a rise so i didnt see it.
Screwed up the steering and an alignment at a Toyota dealer didnt help. Caster is off on one side. Must have hemorrhaged a LCA bushing or bent the LCA a tad. Dang! Can I ever have a car with a truly good alignment! Only about 5 out of over 70 cars!
I would have kept the VW with it's bad alignment ( but LONG warranty) I knew this would happen.
I just have such Bad luck.

Buy the way, the cheapest way into a 4WD Compact SUV right now is
that FCA has insane deals on the Renegade 4WD with the 2.4L (and a 9 gear planetary auto with 3 gears to 60mph!)
made in Italy )

You may have to be a Nissan or GM conquest to qualify ..

Lease from $119/mo. for 27 mos.

Applies to select new 2020 Jeep Renegade. Offer only valid 11/5/2020 through 11/30/2020
Find Yours
Disclaimer(s):
Lease based on $2000 down and 10,000 miles/year.
Lease includes all dealer fees. All rebates to dealer.
No security deposit required. Cannot exceed 22,500
total miles at lease turn-in or overage charge of
25¢/mile will be incurred.
Must qualify for all applicable rebates. See Dealer for details.

I've wondered about that with the insane amount used vehicles are actually selling for these days..

In cases like this where the buyout is reasonable, you could potentially buy the vehicle out, then sell it for a profit.

Here it is: Arco's famous VW Jetta he praised and complained about :)

Funny, I was offered the option to buy for $13,400 at the residual. I just dropped it off and had my wife pick me up and take me home.

At least for some reason they didnt charge me settlement to turn it it, then they sent me a check for 100 bucks.
I never put a down payment on it. Not a bad process.

2019 VW Jetta Used - Certified
There is a VW dealer here in the Salt Lake Area that advertises the Jetta "S" for $13,900.00 on a regular basis. I'm not sure how equipped they are.

3 oil/filter changes in 12k miles, brake fluid exchange at 12k miles ?

Reactions: JC1
Is that the same one that you complained about its OEM tires wearing out too quickly? Did they last until you turned in the car?

3 oil/filter changes in 12k miles, brake fluid exchange at 12k miles ?
They put the wrong oil in at the first OCI. They used VAG Castrol 5W40. And NO, the engine hated it.

I took the Factory oil out after a half a year. It was awesome oil. But with
mostly all Short trips in that little turbo 1.4 litre that got spun up regularly. time for it to go - or so I thought.

I bought MOTUL 508 00 and had them put that in to replace the 5W40 - The Motul was too thin ! :)

I didn't have them do the last service - they did it on my dime after turn-in.
I did pay for it though though a Maintenence and wear Item package.

Is that the same one that you complained about its OEM tires wearing out too quickly? Did they last until you turned in the car?
Just by the hair of my nose !

from the lease termination inspection report:
VIN: Make,Model & Year: Trim: Exterior Color: InteriorColor: 3VWN57BU0KM096256 Volkswagen Jetta 2019 SManual w/SULEV 0Q0Q -Pure White BC- Titan Black Odometer: InspectionDate: Inspector: InspectionType: Address: 12,217 2020-10-05 5117 Home MILEAGE Allowable Mileage: InspectionMileage: Original Mileage: 20,031 12,217 31 Rate: Estimated Charge: $0.20 $0.00 TIRES Part LeftFront LeftRear RightRear RightFront Spare TreadDepth 6/32 5/32 4/32 5/32 (10/32) Manufacturer Falken Falken Falken Falken other Size 205/60-16 205/60-16 205/60-16 205/60-16

Funny, the car has no spare tire.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201005-151331_AiM Inspect.jpg

I have my popcorn ready for this thread and for when the Outback starts falling apart due to abuse.........oh wait it was already put into a substantial ditch.

Yup...

I see these kind of posts on BITOG all the time. I think it depends on location. We haggled with our dealer and got our Jetta for $3000 off MSRP. We have a Jetta S, but certainly didn't pay close to 15K. Looking at TruCar and other tools, we got a good deal when compared so similar sales in our area but not the thousands and thousands off MSRP some of these BITOG posts suggest are easily achievable.

Back