My 2014 VW Jetta GLI - I can live with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, you need a real remapper to CHANGE the drivers wish maps. any add-on device will makethings worse. With electronic throttles, the throttle opening isn't constant for a given throttle input.

I like this thread, it shows me that I'm not the only one who dislikes modern cars and the way they drive..

Cable throttle and N/A and manual for most enjoyment
wink.gif

OP - did you know the throttle pedal delay is intentionally mapped like that? With VAGCOM you can reduce the delay to 0 for a slightly more enjoyable drive.

I have owned one DCT equipped vehicle (2010 Ralliart) and driven quite a few others, including VAG products. So far, i prefer a normal A/T or Manual gearshift. Maybe there's one out there that would change my mind but haven't driven it yet. Also, the DCT fluid cost was very expensive when i owned the Mitsubishi ($19/qt) and it needed ~8qt every 20-30k miles when slippage would start.

The GLI 6-sp, on the other hand, is very nice.

Originally Posted By: silveravant
Sprintbooster doesn't do anything except quicken throttle action. For a given pedal motion throttle plate opens more. If your revs hang when you depress the clutch check the clutch switch. There are 2, one for starter interlock and one for ECU input.

I don't think there's an ECU switch from the clutch otherwise the people from the VW forums would have mentioned removing it. They have suggested some form of pedal bypass that remaps the input.

Originally Posted By: Olas
I like this thread, it shows me that I'm not the only one who dislikes modern cars and the way they drive..

Cable throttle and N/A and manual for most enjoyment
wink.gif

OP - did you know the throttle pedal delay is intentionally mapped like that? With VAGCOM you can reduce the delay to 0 for a slightly more enjoyable drive.

Thanks! I'll have to check out VAGCOM if there is a way to reduce DBW pedal lag. I also read that the GLI's stock dual mass flywheel may also contribute to the laggyness.

I am getting better at matching the revs during downshifts now though with my stock GLI. For sequential downshifts from sixth to third gears I blip the throttle all the way to the floor. From third to second it's more a hit or miss since full blip is too much.

Last edited:
I checked VAGCOM tweaks for the MK6 Jetta/GLI and there is no throttle adjustment setting. That'll have to be my right foot then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back