Hazet Magnetic Plug Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this up in Germany, after fishing the lousy rubber inset type out of deep plug wells with needle nose pliers i decided to buy one of these magnetic ones.
Hazet did a nice job selecting the magnet strength, its strong enough to hold the plug firmly even if you shake it but not so strong as to let the extension pull out of the socket.

Quality is top notch, the magnet is welded in at 6 points and ground smooth as glass, fit on the socket is perfect.
The main body has a nice lathe turning finish with a chrome end. I paid about $38 for it and thought that was a lot until i saw it for $65 in the U.S. online.
I used it yesterday and i am so pleased with this thing, i would gladly spend the $65 to replace it.
I got this one along with a 13/16 and 18mm.

sam0603copy.jpg

sam0604copy.jpg

Buddy you are killing me with these tools.

Those Wera Zyklop Socket Wrenches you turned me on to are awesome! I grabbed the 1/4" and 3/8" drive wrenches and they are w/o a doubt the best swivel head rachet wrenches I've seen. I will be buying the 1/2" drive shortly.

If I could grab those magnetic sockets for $35 I'm in, the current price is just a bit too rich for my blood!

You will be surprised, but my magnetic plug socket from Auotozone outlived my Wiha analogue.

Not surprised, plug sockets with inserts are a huge PITA i hate them with a passion regardless of who made it.

Purchased from Advance Auto Parts a Gear Wrench 13/16" x 6" Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug Socket for $14.99
Part No. 80547 ) Exelect quality!

Also, available - Gear Wrench 5/8" x 6" Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug Socket $10.29 (Part No. 80546)

Sorry, I'm a newbe, and don't know how to post pictures.

I picked up up 11" swivel magnetic 5/8 Great Neck #28004 for around $10 at a Autozone/AAP store. It aint Snap-On nor Hazet but it will do the job :)
31s92cbYqtL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
I have a magnetic Hazet i got in 1975 when i got my first tool and still have have it, the magnet is as good today as it was back then, now my son owns uses it on his car.
There is just something about owning the best of something even if its a small thing like this that pushes the right buttons.

If you have trouble with the plug socket separating from the extension just electrical tape them together.

A while back I thought I was getting a deal at AAP with plug sockets for 99 cents. That is until I used them and the insert seperated like you describe. They still work fine for OPE and the inserts on Craftsman stay put.

I even tried using RTV to hold the insert in place but it would not bond to chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back