Road trip tool bag

I think your list is pretty solid. For my travel sockets most are in blow molded cases. Maybe add a set of side cutters to your list too. And of course jumper cables but those I’m sure will be separate from your bag or box. And one more thing I’d have at least a small hammer. Maybe a stubby one like HF sells. The reason for having a hammer would be if your starter was going bad while on the road and you can’t get it started at least you can tap it with the hammer and hopefully get it started. Another reason it’s good to have is if you have to take a battery terminal off for something and can’t get it all the way back down just tap it. You could tap both those things with different tools but I think a hammer would be easiest and I’m sure you could find other uses for it by the road too.

I know there isn’t much you can do by the road but I was able to help a lady out tonight whose oil cap was stuck. Had I not had a set of pliers to get it off i couldn’t have helped her. That’s one benefit to having tools in your car. Some people think we’re crazy for keeping tools in there but tonight I was the hero for having some. That’s why I think it’s wise to have some in the car at all times but on road trips for sure.

Back