Some trunk tool sets

I keep a tool bag in my truck because it's not unusual for me to end up working on something for other folks . Mostly screwdrivers , various types of pliers , adjustable wrench , and a few other things . I'm not going to try to change a water pump or a tie rod on the side of the road .
Had to change a water pump on my Pontiac 400 on the side of the freeway while I was on a 4 hr. trip. luckily a farmer working his field next to the freeway gave me a ride into town, had a tool bag in the trunk. ;)

Reactions: D60
Had to change a water pump on my Pontiac 400 on the side of the freeway while I was on a 4 hr. trip. luckily a farmer working his field next to the freeway gave me a ride into town, had a tool bag in the trunk. ;)
That's nice . I'm not doing it .

Did someone say trunk tools?

20230103_095522.jpg

Amazon has their AmazonBasics Tool Set for $83 right now. It is of pretty good quality and holds up well. https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Basic..._3?keywords=amazonbasics+tool+set&sr=8-3&th=1
Total flyer but I'm guessing that's Apex as it looks incredibly similar to Husky sets I've owned in the past.

This one seems socket-heavy making it a great choice. The biggest scam with these is claims of "10,000 pieces"......except 8,000 of those pieces are junk metal screwdriver bits and hex keys that won't work when you need them.

edit: also impressed it includes a couple extensions. It's surprising how many sets don't.

Back