Havoline for VQ35? Or go to Syn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading that Havoline turned out some good UOAs in the Nissan 6's (specifically moly and lead ppm if i reacall correctly). I did a search and didnt come up for the answer of whether or not to use havoline or syn (GC? Mobil?)

The cars sees short trips (4miles) and hwy driving on the weekends. Any suggestions? Currently arx'ing

All the oils you mentioned would work well, so really it comes down to your driving pattern determining your OCI. If you're interested in longer OCIs, run the synthetics and get them analyzed to make sure your driving and the temps you operate your vehicle in are not letting fuel or water collect.

If the UOAs don't come back indicating at least 7,500 mile OCIs are OK, then I'd stick with Havoline and 3-5K mi. OCIs. (However, I'd be surprised if GC or any M1 couldn't go 7,500 miles in a VQ.)

Hello,

I had similar questions, and ended up going with the dino Havoline for now, and will then probably switch to synthetic after I use up the case I just bought.

I'm changing out the Valvoline currently in it (VQ35DE), and plan to do a UOA on the Havoline after 3000 miles. It's easy to 'catch the bug' after finding this forum. I now find myself addicted and checking this site on a daily basis in fear that I will miss something if I don't.
grin.gif

Here's a link to the thread I started: Nissan Altima VQ35 - Newbie with Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back