hard day - going to the vet later

John105 is spot on. Take solace in knowing you and he gave each other good lives together during those years. Can’t ask or expect anything more or better.

Very sorry to hear. Clooney is a handsome boy and it looks like he had a very happy and full life. I've had dogs my entire life and it never gets easier when they pass. I take that as a good thing, though, as it means that I hopefully loved my dog as much as they loved me.

Went to the vet on Monday because he had some odd blister between his toes & looked kind of tired /
After the regular 5-minute check the vet says that I have other problems than the toes /
Checked the whole dog again, x-rays, took blood for testing /
Next day I went to the vet & was told (& shown on the x-rays) that he has a few tumors in the chest & the vet is surprised that my dog is still alive with this white blood cell count /
Pretty much from Tuesday on he's hardly eating, walking or doing anything - just laying there & sleeping /
After a few more tests the vet called & said it's best to put him to sleep before he gets in pain /
I have a vet appointment for 1pm /

His name is Clooney & he's an American Akita /

View attachment 173746

That was a good two years ago /
He was the happiest dog ever /

Very sorry to hear. Prayers sent to you and your dog sir.

Sorry to hear. It’s not fun and I can’t pretend to know your pain. I just wish you the best in grieving. Condolences.

My dog turns 10 soon.
She is the kindest sweetest, goofy, loving soul, that I've ever known.

im gonna go play some ball with her right now, and tomorrow, we will bark at cormorants and seagulls and Manatees, from atop a paddle board.

I dread the day you face, today.
My heartfelt condolences.

Dogs are awesome.
IMG_7509.jpg

Back