Had to leave our little guy at the vet's

images.jpeg

Good luck to your little guy. Keep us posted.

Horrible to think about, but do you have any neighbors (including kids) who might have deliberately given him something or left it for him to find?

Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, concern and encouragement. Max is home! We got home about 1/2 hour ago. He's a bit lethargic and tired, but very happy. Poor little guy's shaved stomach looks like a pin cushion, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all.
Have two different pills to give him for the next few weeks, and a rice with chicken or ground pork diet for the next few days. We bring him back on Monday for blood work, and again in a month, to make sure his liver is improving like it should.
It's bothering me that I have no idea what he ingested, my wife and I will be keeping a close eye on him during our walks. It could have been a pill dropped on the floor at home that he picked up or, who knows. Extra vigilance now.
The vet bill was quite reasonable we thought. Overnight stay and IV for 1.5 days, blood work 4 times, two x rays and two ultrasounds for less than the four tires on our Honda, to put it in car terms.

Thanks again guys.

IMG_0176.jpg

He just ate a bowl of his rice and pork special diet, feeling pretty content.

Good luck to your little guy. Keep us posted.

Horrible to think about, but do you have any neighbors (including kids) who might have deliberately given him something or left it for him to find?
I don't think so, sure hope not. Lots of lawn chemicals in use this time of year (?)

Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, concern and encouragement. Max is home! We got home about 1/2 hour ago. He's a bit lethargic and tired, but very happy. Poor little guy's shaved stomach looks like a pin cushion, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all.
Have two different pills to give him for the next few weeks, and a rice with chicken or ground pork diet for the next few days. We bring him back on Monday for blood work, and again in a month, to make sure his liver is improving like it should.
It's bothering me that I have no idea what he ingested, my wife and I will be keeping a close eye on him during our walks. It could have been a pill dropped on the floor at home that he picked up or, who knows. Extra vigilance now.
The vet bill was quite reasonable we thought. Overnight stay and IV for 1.5 days, blood work 4 times, two x rays and two ultrasounds for less than the four tires on our Honda, to put it in car terms.

Thanks again guys.

View attachment 98130
He just ate a bowl of his rice and pork special diet, feeling pretty content.
Thank you for caring kind sir. Always a joyous occasion to bring them home one more time, because all of us know how hard it is to leave them their for burial.

I'm glad he's recovering, I've shed more tears over the loss of some of my pets than I have over the passing of some family members.

Back