Handgun permit holders, do you carry your gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to carry my Glock only when I may need it.
Hiking, Late at night, Trips to the bank, Going to church (Never know when terrorist may strike) etc.

My last job, no one was allowed to carry on the premises.
Before that I carried all the time.

I'm starting to get back in the habit carrying regularly though.
Even if I only have my Kel-Tec .380

It's like they say: A .22 in the hand is better than a .45 in the safe.

My wife and I carry almost all the time...

I think part of the OP's problem may be a lack of a good, concealable holster. Carrying in your suit jacket isn't the way to go, imho.

You can bring a gun on post if your heading to the shooting range and you have it registered on post AND you notify the MP's when you arrive on post. PITA. Other than that, it's a federal offense to carry, concealed or open, on a military installation.

I holster mine.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: JustinC25
I tend to carry my Glock only when I may need it.
Hiking, Late at night, Trips to the bank, Going to church (Never know when terrorist may strike) etc.

My last job, no one was allowed to carry on the premises.
Before that I carried all the time.

I'm starting to get back in the habit carrying regularly though.
Even if I only have my Kel-Tec .380

It's like they say: A .22 in the hand is better than a .45 in the safe.
IMO a 380 makes pretty good holes.

My Glock 26 always goes with me on vacation. It stays right here on the table by me at home. I have various garments sold by the NRA to accommodate easy carry.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I imagine a holster made from the most supple Corinthian leather, so you won't hurt yourself when you roll over.
Just like your driving gloves.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I work on a military reservation, so I can't bring it with me.

Uhm. Without getting political in regards to location... WTH?

Is that like saying "I only carry in neighborhoods that need 'community organizers'."

I almost always carry. .45 ACP XD in a "gunpack" on my side. Works well. No one even looks at it. Hard to carry a big .45 without a jacket otherwise.

When I go for walks near the house I carry a Kel-Tec 9mm that is about the smallest and thinnest 9 one can get. I carry it in my hand unless a car goes buy and then in my pocket.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I work on a military reservation, so I can't bring it with me.

Uhm. Without getting political in regards to location... WTH?

Is that like saying "I only carry in neighborhoods that need 'community organizers'."
25.gif

i have a Arizona permit and I carry all the time when i am in AZ since my state is retarted about it.

AND i feel a [censored] of alot safer with my 1911.

Last edited:
I carry every time I can. But I can't carry a gun to and from work because I work on a military installation and it's a federal offense to have a gun on federal land. But other than every weekday going to and from work I have a 1911 45ACP or a Kahr CW45 with me.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I am beginning to wonder why my constitutional rights end at certain points?

The Fed don't want you to have a gun so they don't allow you to carry one on property and buildings belonging to them.

i only carry when i go to known crime parts of town, at home i have a 1911 in a holster attached under my coffee table with velcroe . its easy to just reach under the table which is beside my easy chair

Last night we went to visit someone who lives in a location around where there have been homicides in the past. Me and my wife were both packing.

So the pattern that initiated this thread is still continuing - can't carry when I go to work as it's against the policy of my employer, and I spend time on university grounds where it's against federal law to carry. If we go for cruising at night, we take the PPK in the glove box. In dangerous neighborhoods, I actually carry the CZ-85 on me.

I have carried a small j-frame 38 for many years. I guess I carry about 55% of the time. I have my eye on the little ruger than just came out.. May retire the J-frame but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back