Where Do You Carry Your CW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just carry my 380 in my front pocket. Where do the rest of your carry your concealed weapon?

It all depends. Lately a bit of the p2000sk in an OWB Vedder ‘Light-Draw' kydex holster. Yeah, the 380 is there for cooler temps.

Clipped inside my waist band. I can wear a t shirt and still look like I'm unarmed. People here would freak out if they saw a gun.

I'm not anti pocket carry but some serious care needs to be taken. I will carry a Ruger LCP2 in a pocket if needed but prefer S&W M&P 340 as the trigger is so much hard to ND on. And no matter what, if it goes boom in your pocket it's a ND! Pocket carry is no joke.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Barami Hip-Grip on my 35+ year old S&W.

Originally Posted by Gebo
I just carry my 380 in my front pocket. Where do the rest of your carry your concealed weapon?

Please add that it's in a pocket holster and not loose in your pocket. Not a fan and here's why, when you sit down that pistol could/will be pointing straight down your leg and directly at whatever is in front of you. In a restaurant that could be me at the next table.

IWB or OWB for me always.

Still trying to figure out what I like.
I have a leather IWB and kydex IWB holsters.
I like the leather in appendix carry for most clothing, but do use it for pocket carry as well.
They kydex I am finding most comfortable when sitting in the 5'oclock position, but if I walk for a while, it rubs me weird, may just be the holster, I may sand the edge that I think is bothering me.

Debating trying a hybrid IWB as well.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I'm not anti pocket carry but some serious care needs to be taken. Pocket carry is no joke.

Agree ...
vehicle and home is normally good enough for us ...

I'm not anti pocket carry but some serious care needs to be taken. I will carry a Ruger LCP2 in a pocket if needed but prefer S&W M&P 340 as the trigger is so much hard to ND on. And no matter what, if it goes boom in your pocket it's a ND! Pocket carry is no joke.

I carry at times in a pocket, but with a leather holster that covers the trigger.

RM380 in pocket or in slide holster in summer. Great little gun by the way.

Winter OWB a Glock 26 if wearing coat.

Garage gun in toolbox just a Taurus 85UL .38

Originally Posted by 4WD
I'm not anti pocket carry but some serious care needs to be taken. Pocket carry is no joke.

Agree ...
vehicle and home is normally good enough for us ...

Don't think BISCUT is talking about SD carrying in general, he's referring to carrying a handgun in a pocket rather than a holster.

If you're armed at home and in your vehicle why not on your person in pubic?

If anyone carries Glock mid size like a G19 take a look at the Glock Sport Holster for belt carry. You can't get a thinner holster, they have a retention bump inside that can be reduced to make draw easier, and they're inexpensive. Not much to look at but neither are Glock pistols.

I have leather cases that cover the trigger. It ain't carried naked.

I got this other case that makes it look like a wallet in your back pocket.

Last edited:
I've gotten a nice leather pancake holster that rides nicely on the back side of my right hip(I'm not up on carry position names, it basically blocks my right rear pants pocket) and it holds the 36 in a comfortable, unobtrusive position. I've been practicing drawing it from that position. Not noticable under a jacket or coat.

Originally Posted by Youthanasia
You guys are all wrong, the correct answer to this question is "everywhere".

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have a couple IWB holsters for anything from a G19 to 1911. I can conceal well but they are really uncomfortable when sitting or driving. Probably to be expected when concealing something of that size.

Just purchased a Belly Band on Amazon from ComfortTac. Only had it out one time but am liking it so far. Much more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back