And now the four-thirteen's lead is startin' to shrink

He's hot with ram induction but it's understood

I got a fuel injected engine sittin' under my hood

Shut it off, shut it off buddy now I shut you down

Love this thread, LOL.

I get challenged by losers in minivans and V6 sedans who think they own a tuner. It's annoying.
You should've tried driving a 1st gen Miata... All those guys still want to race you, but they would win! :ROFLMAO: In 1st gear it would keep up with almost anything fwd across the intersection, but not so much after that...
I almost wrecked a grump old guy tailgating me onto an off ramp though in his old boat. He got within a foot of the guard rail...

I feel your pain. I just drive with my big-toe and avoid eye contact with aggressive drivers. Having a fast car (Honda Fit) is a curse.

I need to load some App on my Model 3 Performance to do the 3-revs next to Dave H.
Unfortunately, I will know I will lose because for sure Dave H will be accelerating faster at 135mph BUT I will beat him initially with no drama.

They just closed down PBIR (dragstrip) last week, and already the street racers are at it. I now see a bunch of burnouts on the airport road, and I've seen a few street races. Should I provide aviation support? (just a joke)

They just closed down PBIR (dragstrip) last week, and already the street racers are at it. I now see a bunch of burnouts on the airport road, and I've seen a few street races. Should I provide aviation support? (just a joke)

Spring is here and the weather is getting nice.

The fast cars are coming back out. Police may or may not. Racing will happen.

Not interested in debating this with you, nor is this relevant to what I said.
You're suggesting the outcome would be determined by the driver. In all of the videos I've seen, both cars were equipped with automatics, starting from a roll in a straight line. In this type of a race there is very little driver skill or determination required. It's pretty much just floor it and keep it in a straight line...

If it would've been a 2020 or newer Camaro with the 6.2, the Camaro would've won...
Go find out, grampi.

It's more the dedication of the driver to win then it is the car in most cases.
Let's just look at the data from an unbiased source, Car and Driver:

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 6.28.17 PM.jpg

This is the pre-updated Mustang, with 20HP less. The Camaro was faster 0-60 and 0-100, the Mustang was faster 0-150. The Camaro was also faster in the 1/4 mile, but the Mustang was faster from rolls 30-50 and 50-70. Both of these cars have the 6spd manual. The automatics ARE faster, but C&D doesn't have a spec sheet for the Mustang with the auto, while they do for the Camaro:
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 6.16.03 PM.jpg

So, with the updated Mustang engine with 480HP, given the above results, I'd expect that the 480HP Mustang should be slightly quicker if both cars were automatics. Now, if one is a stick, the auto is going to win, and that's where watching races on youtube falls apart, because you likely don't know the specs of the vehicles, if they are stock, if they are manual or automatic...etc. Basically, both cars are pretty close to each other.

5.0 engine with 4 cams and 32 valves purrr like a kitten at higher RPMs.

They love E85 due to the higher compression.

Let's just look at the data from an unbiased source, Car and Driver:

View attachment 98036

This is the pre-updated Mustang, with 20HP less. The Camaro was faster 0-60 and 0-100, the Mustang was faster 0-150. The Camaro was also faster in the 1/4 mile, but the Mustang was faster from rolls 30-50 and 50-70. Both of these cars have the 6spd manual. The automatics ARE faster, but C&D doesn't have a spec sheet for the Mustang with the auto, while they do for the Camaro:
View attachment 98037

So, with the updated Mustang engine with 480HP, given the above results, I'd expect that the 480HP Mustang should be slightly quicker if both cars were automatics. Now, if one is a stick, the auto is going to win, and that's where watching races on youtube falls apart, because you likely don't know the specs of the vehicles, if they are stock, if they are manual or automatic...etc. Basically, both cars are pretty close to each other.
I would think in racing these two cars they are so close it would come down to the driver !

Back