Guy in 5.0 Mustang challenged me this morning to a race

Co-worker showed me a video of him pushing his modified Honda Civic with every model you would think of At about 180 miles an hour plus, may he pushing 200.
*just noticed the speedometer is Km/h. Still though. Had to be.. at least 160, probably faster a la Fast and Furious. Dash video, he showed me.

Racing hood, racing slicks, built engine, boosted, needle buried.....
Younger individual.
Come on, man. Unit conversions are just a Google click away.
He looks to be doing just under 120 mph (190kmh) indicated. It is likely GPS speed would be even less.

How does one safely take a picture of the speedometer buried in a civic capable of those speeds?
I know a guy I used to work with used to send pics of his Chevy Cruze doing 120 that died one morning going to work.
Now his son calls some other dude daddy.
I didn't exactly ask him that but I'm not trying to somehow suggest it was safe. He probably had the wheel in one hand and phone in the other. I am just sharing a picture of a video shared in a parking lot. Guy offered to give me the link to the video.. I'll put him in his early 20s.

I had some kind of Orange booster Ford Mustang miss me by inches blew past me between lanes at about ~120MPH once, and about a half mile down the road he and another car were pulled over maybe they touched...

He looks to be doing just under 120 mph (190kmh) indicated. It is likely GPS speed would be even less.
It was still accelerating up to the end of that video, as per the tach.
, probably just getting into boost, maybe he had the good sense to put the phone down.

Maybe.

But.. yes.

It was still accelerating up to the end of that video, as per the tach.
, probably just getting into boost, maybe he had the good sense to put the phone down.

Maybe.

But.. yes.
There's no sign of a turbo in that picture (or supercharger), thus, no boost.

My E39 M5, on a closed course, with nobody around, hit over 260km/h (~160mph). The speedometer went to 300 and it would do it (youtube has plenty of examples). The US cars were limited to 150mph, but top speed with the limiter removed was ~302km/h (188mph) though I remember them claiming it would do 190mph (305km/h).

It had a 21 speed transmission like on the Need For Speed movies :ROFLMAO:
Would need to know the gearing, but it's definitely possible if he had some highway gears out back and the engine had the jam to push it that fast. That's a car that I would NOT feel safe going that fast in though, sweet Jesus.

I had a '74 Vega GT, 4-speed that would do 120-125 mph stock.

Remind him that his car isn't boosted, intake/headers/koyo rad doesn't mean built, and a 3-cyl focus does ~6mph more than him lol.
I will for sure call him out on it lol.

OVERKILL is right. He put the speedo as Kilometers Per Hour for the reaction. So, he got me.. plus the "I look fast but I'm slow" Civic 🤣

There's no sign of a turbo in that picture (or supercharger), thus, no boost.

My E39 M5, on a closed course, with nobody around, hit over 260km/h (~160mph). The speedometer went to 300 and it would do it (youtube has plenty of examples). The US cars were limited to 150mph, but top speed with the limiter removed was ~302km/h (188mph) though I remember them claiming it would do 190mph (305km/h).
What a beautiful car.

As a fellow GT driver i don't indulge in this type of thing anymore , but the temptation is always around ,
And don't get me wrong i enjoy letting her rip once and awhile.
But i ask all you do gooders you never break any laws or have never sped in your life ( Ya right )
I own a BMW, I speed all the time and drive the car spiritedly on twisty roads, but never triple digit speeds when others are around. Opening it up for a bit on an empty 2 lane highway early in the morning is one thing. Drag racing on public roads is another.

With so many gears my engine remained at 7000 RPMs exactly where the Coyote loves to run at.

No way a driver with a manual transmission can keep up if horsepower was equal.
i think it would take a professional rowing the gears to keep up and even then i wonder....

A friend of mine had a 1994 300ZX twin turbo that he built up with every mod imaginable back then. Complete engine internal mods and all. He comes and picks me up one night to go driving around. We end up on the interstate, and the speedometer on those cars go up to 160mph. He casually looks over at me and says "Hold on". I was like, "Huh"? He nails it and the speedometer needle goes way beyond the 160 mark and is still climbing fast. I'm freaking out and literally crying, begging him to slow down!!

Weird how when you're in the driver's seat, it's a bad ass feeling. But when you're the passenger, it's terrifying!! Same with being on the back of a motorcycle.

I filled up my wife’s 2020 Mustang GT at Shell this morning around 7:30 AM and was going out for a drive on a 4 lane country road.

A guy in a yellow 2017 Mustang GT (435 horsepower Gen 2 Coyote 5.0 engine) pulls up beside me at a red light and revs his engine 3 times obviously wanting to race. I’m in my wife‘s 2020 Mustang GT stock/ no mods (460 horsepower Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 engine). I accept his challenge. The guy is around 30 years old, I don’t know if his 5.0 is modified or if his transmission is auto or manual. I didnt lower the passenger window to talk to him. I’m in the left lane and he’s in the right lane, no passenger in either car.

I put it in ‘Track Mode‘ , my left foot on the brake and I bring RPMs up to 1500 with my right foot waiting for the green light.
This country road is empty and it’s around 70 degrees, perfect conditions. :) LOL

The light turns GREEN
- I let off the brake , I’m about 50% on the gas pedal and my tires are spinning just a little and then hook.
- As soon as the Michelin Pilot Sport tires hook I go 100% WOT, I think a full tank of 93 octane help add weight above the tires.
- The 10R80 auto transmission shifts soooo lighting fast from 1st gear up to 7th gear and at around 135 MPH I’m about 5-6 car lengths ahead of him. I’m wondering if the gap would have been bigger if I had selected Drag Mode.

Not trying to break the law…… just having some fun with fellow Mustang driver.
The 2020 PP1 Mustang (photo) with auto trans runs high 11’s completely stock. Not bad for a car under $45K

View attachment 97528
Nice!(y)

Back