GS350 F Sport - Pilot Sport All Season 4 or Pilot Sport 4S

I have the 4s on one car and the Conti on another. Both are great for aggressive driving on the street. If I was at the track I would give a slight nod to the 4s. I also have the Bridgestone pole position on the 968. Also pretty good tires but when they wear out I'll probably go Conti.

If you intend to attack the curvy roads or drivers are so bad in the Bay Area, that you’re avoiding accidents all the time PS4S

Just cruising around town and highway, Sport AS4

Depends on how you drive. If you never push it hard enough to stress the tires on it now you could probably go to the all season without much concern. It will feel different though, more tread squirm, less steering response. 30k out of a set of summer tires is really good though, if it were me and I was happy with them I'd probably just put another set on. My car I barely get half that out of a set lol.

All jokes aside, the available tires for this application is shockingly limited.

Front: 235/40ZR19
Rear: 265/35ZR19

This is another reason to prefer square setups, because you can't always get matching pairs (front and rear), and the sizes they use in staggered setups are already obscure on their own, let alone together.

At least the PS4S is available, and it is a high quality tire that is popular.

I have a non f-sport 2014 gs 350. I bought the conti DWS06 mentioned above. Based on the reviews, these were the best 4 season (no snow) soft compound, lower noise tire to get. They were a little soft in the sidewalls in the Gs, which lacks some on-center steering feel. besides that, I really, really liked them. … until 65mph. In my 2014, they would sing at a single pitch at 65-70 that the whole cabin seemed to resonate, like sitting in a tuning fork. I couldn’t do it for long drives. in spite of how good they are, I returned for Bridgestone potenzas. The potenzas make more noise but it’s a white noise. They are a firmer tire and provide improved steering feedback. They’ve been good in the rain. They are only reviewed so-so in the snow. driving to their limit, it’s still high perf rubber that has bite and give - by all means a well-suited tire for the GS. I wanted to like the conti’s better, but considering my irritation with their road noise, I made the right choice. I think it’s the potenza 980.

the new conti is the DWS06 plus. If you aren’t as picky about road sing noise, I’d suggest either.

I ordered the Pilot Sport 4S today. Wheel Works (Firestone) gave me the Tire Rack price plus $100 off.
Including Lifetime Alignment of $179 and the governor's tax, it will be $1,605 out the door. Yikes baby!

I noticed the driver's side front tire was running on threads due to improper alignment. I think I got 30K which ain't bad for summer rubber.
I almost got the new All Season version, which woulda saved about $300, but what the heck.

You guys woulda laughed me off Bob...

I ordered the Pilot Sport 4S today. Wheel Works (Firestone) gave me the Tire Rack price plus $100 off.
Including Lifetime Alignment of $179 and the governor's tax, it will be $1,605 out the door. Yikes baby!

I noticed the driver's side front tire was running on threads due to improper alignment. I think I got 30K which ain't bad for summer rubber.
I almost got the new All Season version, which woulda saved about $300, but what the heck.

You guys woulda laughed me off Bob...
I’m just seeing this thread, but do you drive your GS aggressively? Do you take it out to the canyons and carve up corners?

I guess the fact that you’re looking at some of the best tires you can get shows that performance is more important to you than economy.

I know you’ve already ordered your PS4S, but, if someone else was looking for tires for a car like this, and wasn’t interested in going out on mountain roads just for the fun of driving, and wanted a good tire that would offer good handling and performance, but still be pretty economical, there are probably choices out there that would offer 7 or 8/10’s of the performance of the Michelin PS4S, but cost less, and last longer.

Congrats on getting the best, though. Let us know how you like them.

I’m just seeing this thread, but do you drive your GS aggressively? Do you take it out to the canyons and carve up corners?

I guess the fact that you’re looking at some of the best tires you can get shows that performance is more important to you than economy.

I know you’ve already ordered your PS4S, but, if someone else was looking for tires for a car like this, and wasn’t interested in going out on mountain roads just for the fun of driving, and wanted a good tire that would offer good handling and performance, but still be pretty economical, there are probably choices out there that would offer 7 or 8/10’s of the performance of the Michelin PS4S, but cost less, and last longer.

Congrats on getting the best, though. Let us know how you like them.
I do not drive this car hard and certainly am have zero desire to track it. It is far closer to an everyday driver.
Besides the crappy gas mileage, the GS350 F Sport is a fantastic driver with Lexus quality. I love this car as does wifey.

I was strongly considering the All Season version which would have saved $300. They likely would have done everything close to the summer tires and offer better tread life.

My Wheel Works gal (who runs the shop and helps me out) suggested, "If you liked the Sport 4S then get them again."
I have 100 freeway miles on them now; I guess they hafta break in.

My guess is, what's not to like about the best?
1637114546457.jpg

1637114668524.jpg

Attachments

• 1637114618729.jpg
    1637114618729.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
I do not drive this car hard and certainly am have zero desire to track it. It is far closer to an everyday driver.
Besides the crappy gas mileage, the GS350 F Sport is a fantastic driver with Lexus quality. I love this car as does wifey.

I was strongly considering the All Season version which would have saved $300. They likely would have done everything close to the summer tires and offer better tread life.

My Wheel Works gal (who runs the shop and helps me out) suggested, "If you liked the Sport 4S then get them again."

View attachment 78106

View attachment 78108
No kidding about the fuel millage 😁, my 13' awd is dead on reliable 220k km on it, the only thing that went on it, was right front hub.
It seems that we use our GS similarly to you, daily no track etc.
I'm on second set of Continentals conti sport 6.
I tend to drive aggressively in the mountains hence the tire choice.

BTW
This 3.5 uses a lot more fuel than 18' coyote in the Mustang 🤪.
Since i don't have really any other expense but fuel cost ( regular maintenance of course) this fact doesn't bother me too much.

Eric

I like how they gave you a $4.78 discount so your total was only $1491.29.

Read on... The total was $1,606. Ouch!
Wheel Works manager Margaret "Tire Racked" the price. I am well known there.
FYI, that is also the Costco price.
Yeah I know, but that's with the state's cut. Costco usually has a bigger discount. Were they not running their $150 off promotion that time? They alternate between Michelin and Bridgestone. They also do lifetime rotation, flat repair and 5 year road hazard so does Firestone do that too in addition to the balancing? I'm glad you have a good Firestone. They have a bad rap around me so I just do Goodyear for their $179 3 year alignment warranty. Not as good as lifetime with Firestone.

Yeah I know, but that's with the state's cut. Costco usually has a bigger discount. Were they not running their $150 off promotion that time? They alternate between Michelin and Bridgestone. They also do lifetime rotation, flat repair and 5 year road hazard so does Firestone do that too in addition to the balancing? I'm glad you have a good Firestone. They have a bad rap around me so I just do Goodyear for their $179 3 year alignment warranty. Not as good as lifetime with Firestone.
Costco was outta stock for a long time. Wheel Works matches their price, but then again they charge more for mounting, etc. I guess my main Costco gripe is they don't align...

Bottom line, sometimes ya just gotta pay. All good, I'm glad it's done.

Back