Grocery price shopping?

Honestly, from an efficiency standpoint, Costco is tough to beat for an (almost) one-stop shop. Sure, you may find better prices if you shop hard, but there is some value in time....especially when you have a family of 5. Plus the cost of fuel must be considered.
Costco is good for some things like wild caught salmon, certain berries, certain cuts of meat, etc. We don’t buy much of the pre made stuff, or breads, and the ones around here don’t have enough produce variety. But it’s definitely good for stocking up on certain items.

FASTING saves $$$$ + time + you get healthier!! i am mostly alone except when girlfriend + her pup visits, so a bullet proof coffee for breakfast a tasty bacon + egg etc lo carb lunch + a light later meal. NO snacks or other carbs that spike insulin between meals!!!

Down here Publix has weekly buy 1, get 1 free deals. You can stock up on certain things.

They also have regular $10 off any $50 gas card with a $50 grocery purchase, excluding alcohol and cigarettes.

Honestly, from an efficiency standpoint, Costco is tough to beat for an (almost) one-stop shop. Sure, you may find better prices if you shop hard, but there is some value in time....especially when you have a family of 5. Plus the cost of fuel must be considered.
I was wondering that, flipping through this thread. Hitting all of these stores on a regular basis to save money surely has other costs. I suppose if if it is part of ones routine, like every Saturday is spent on a circuit and its family fun time, then it makes sense.

Wife rarely sends me shopping. She has her own methods. My only contribution was to get us into a meat CSA, way more money but the quality is so much better. So in a sense I shot myself in the foot there…

The regular grocery store prices have gotten a bit out of control, especially more recently. Wife and I started shopping exclusively at Lidl. A weeks groceries that would cost $125-150 at Food Lion now costs us around $60 at Lidl.

• Love
Reactions: GON
Back