Green Grease or Lucas Xtra Duty?

I manage a fleet of 10 trucks, I have been using Green Grease for decades on my personal vehicles, ball joints, tie rod ends, u-joints, slip yokes you name it.
I swear by this stuff. But it’s pricy.

So shopping around for a alternative grease for my fleet and personal use.
My trucks go 10k between PM’s, lots of dirt roads, mud, snow, flooded roads, these are delivery trucks. Always fully loaded, ran 7 days a week and in the summer it gets hot, 100+ at times.
In the winter it gets below zero.

Green Grease is full synthetic and holds up superbly well. Does not liquefy, sticks to everything forever.

Should I keep with the Green Grease, or switch to the Lucas, which is about half the cost.
One tube of grease lubes two and a half trucks.

What base is the Green grease? Lithium?, Aluminum?,Bentonite? Better match it unless you want to have compatibility issues.

Why would Lucas be your only alternative?

I manage a fleet of 10 trucks, I have been using Green Grease for decades on my personal vehicles, ball joints, tie rod ends, u-joints, slip yokes you name it.

My trucks go 10k between PM’s, lots of dirt roads, mud, snow, flooded roads, these are delivery trucks. Always fully loaded, ran 7 days a week and in the summer it gets hot, 100+ at times.

Green Grease is full synthetic and holds up superbly well. Does not liquefy, sticks to everything forever.

Should I keep with the Green Grease, or switch to the Lucas, which is about half the cost.
I have found the LUCAS X-TRA to be the very best under all conditions -- it doesn't wash out, and it doesn't freeze out.
verde_river_crossing_a54434fcd0771fe5a153838aff88ee08c53b76af.jpg
mund_s_park_45faba8ff1e5e1216db78162b5b2414b844a4007 (2).jpg
Atop Mt. Union.jpg

Update-I’ve stuck with the Green Grease, I buy it by the case at NAPA, it’s $100 before my discount.
I have been learning to not over grease my trucks, which is saving grease.
I have a electric grease gun and getting right to the point of not pushing to much old grease out and onto the ground is a learning curve.

Thank you for everyones feedback.

Yesterday (03/08/2024) I called Lucas and had a nice conversation with the head technical service guy. He told me there are a couple key ingredients in thdb
What base is the Green grease? Lithium?, Aluminum?,Bentonite? Better match it unless you want to have compatibility issues.

Why would Lucas be your only alternative?
Polyurea. And NOT compatible with any Non-polyurea grease.

Back