great now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 3 weeks since i replaced the VC gaskets on my max. Today i noticed an oil pool in my driveway from my maxima in the same spot as before. Im sick of this. Oil switch was replaced, covers were torqued to factory spec. Any ideas?

Check under the car where the drip is actually coming from.
I had a 2002 Maxima and never once saw oil on the driveway, original valve cover gaskets.

Oil cooler hard line is a common rust component. Maybe the filter base and the line need to be looked at.

Oil filter base is clean and the rusty pipe for now is dry. I;ve been under this car more than calls for and cannot pin point the leak. Im gonna get some uv dye and see if it helps. if not im gonna pull the block out and overhaul the engine and call it a day. thats how frustrated i am. but thank you.

That sounds like a leak that should be easy enough to find.
Make sure the whole engine is spotless and dry to make seeing the wet area easier to identify.

The good news is that a bi leak is easy to find.
Clean it off, maybe put baby pwder[spray] or flour arond the area, and drive it.
The leak will show up from start to finish.
Crank end seals may also be bad.

so its been 2 weeks and i finally decided to crawl underneath my car. And what do you know my oil cooler o-ring is the issue. Gonna stop by the dealer and grab an o-ring and the rusty oil cooler line also. Thanks to all who helped with pinpointing the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back