Government analyst silenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
after he critiques CO2 findings

Quote:
Environmental Protection Agency officials have silenced one of their own senior researchers after the 38-year employee issued an internal critique of the EPA's climate change position.

Alan Carlin, senior operations research analyst at the EPA's National Center for Environmental Economics, or NCEE, submitted his research on the agency's greenhouse gases endangerment findings and offered a fundamental critique on the EPA's approach to combating CO2 emissions. But officials refused to share his conclusion in an open internal discussion, claiming his research would have "a very negative impact on our office."

His study was barred from circulation within the EPA and was never disclosed to the public for political reasons, according to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, or CEI, a group that has accessed four internal e-mails on the subject.

A March 12 e-mail to Carlin warned him not to have "any direct communication with anyone outside NCEE on endangerment."

Quote:
"Alan, I decided not to forward your comments," he wrote. "… The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward on endangerment, and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision. … I can only see one impact of your comments given where we are in the process, and that would be a very negative impact on our office."

In yet another e-mail sent only minutes following the previous one, McGartland wrote, "With the endangerment findings nearly final, you need to move on to other issues and subjects. I don't want you to spend any additional EPA time on climate change. No papers, no research etc, at least until we see what EPA is going to do with Climate."

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=2234&mn=210560&pt=msg&mid=7486223

There is a great deal of money to be made in the climate change industry. Calling into question the gospel of the evil of CO2 seriously endangers this industry.

The climate change industry guards its product (whether it be research grants or CO2 credits) and profit margin every bit as jealously as the oil industry does.

However climate change is the polically correct flavor of the decade, and it has the backing of the current political regimes.

My own opinion is that history will judge this industry as it did the tobacco industry and the oil profiteers. It will just take time.

In the mean time, everyman's pockets will be lightened, and the pockets of the few who have the ear of government will be padded. People like Al Gore for example will become very wealthy indeed in exchange for higher fuel and electricity costs for everyone.

The only thing schmucks like us can do at this point is try to invest in the companies that are profiting from all this. I have read that GE has invested heavily in green credits in the last several years - to the point making a very large gamble on their worth. Coincidentally, GE has invested heavily in the democratic election campaign, to make sure that investment gamble pays off.

Can you see the way the wind is blowing?

A lot of Big Science gets a life of it's own and then those feeding off of it keep it alive. But it also is very convenient for purposes of social engineering.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
A lot of Big Administration gets a life of its own and then those feeding off of it keep it alive. But it also is very convenient for purposes of social engineering.

Fixed that for you.

"Going Green" is the next way for the Big Corporations to part consumers from their hard earned cash by making them feel guilty about something that IMO isn't really happening.

Are there some chemicals and gases bad for the Ozone and the environment? Sure there is, but I don't buy the CO2 business.

29.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to wealth creation and transfer 2.0. I've worked on a few of these Carbon Credit enumeration projects and it certainly is an interesting way to make quick $$. All it takes is a review of the novel process (or operation parameters) vs. the previous suboptimal process (or operational parameters) and the credits are pulled out of thin air by a 3rd party auditor (literally). The trick is to be as repeatably "dirty" as you can be during the assessors baseline evaluation. From that point forward you can monetize the delta into credits that can be exchanged in a format similar to other commodities. I can't wait for the derivatives markets to be developed so I can sell puts on cow farts.....

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
A lot of Big Administration gets a life of its own and then those feeding off of it keep it alive. But it also is very convenient for purposes of social engineering.

Fixed that for you.
Thanks!

Costco had a big write up in their magazine a few monthe ago about all the Green stuff they are doing to their buildings . What about all the crud they import from China??? China is noted for being green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back