Got me some Petro Canada DuraDrive MV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff looks great.
MV Synthetic ATF

I just bought 3 quarts from the gas station, I am actually planning on using it in my Saturn 5MT for this winter. It currently has a DexVI approved fluid which I believe is just slightly too thin for this trans. It is spec'd for DEXIII, both the manual and automatic S-series cars.

The Tech data is included at the bottom of page. I also plan on eventually putting some of this in my dads automatic Nissan which specs a Nissan MaticD fluid, or DexIII.

These Petro Canada lubricants are all suppose to have extremely stellar cold weather performance. How is that for Canada living up to the cold weather stereotype? :D

I'd use that ATF in a heartbeat in my Honda, Toyota and GM. It looks like good stuff.
I'm very impressed with all of PC's products. I wish they were available down here.
What did a liter cost?

Already bought a case of MV ATF from local distributor.

Did a drain-n-fill on my wifey's 04 camry 2AZFE, on top of the Castrol Import MV ATF that I've done drain-n-fill 2 yrs ago. So far, theres no shuddering with this MV ATF , and far better shifting to that of the Castrol Import MV ATF I've been using so far.

It's been over 3wks now w/ only 3.2qts of PetroCan MV Duradrive and I'm gonna do another round of drain-n-fill this weekend, in anticipation of the harsh winter.

I paid 6.78/L +tax for mine.

Quest

Originally Posted By: Quest
Already bought a case of MV ATF from local distributor.

Did a drain-n-fill on my wifey's 04 camry 2AZFE, on top of the Castrol Import MV ATF that I've done drain-n-fill 2 yrs ago. So far, theres no shuddering with this MV ATF , and far better shifting to that of the Castrol Import MV ATF I've been using so far.

It's been over 3wks now w/ only 3.2qts of PetroCan MV Duradrive and I'm gonna do another round of drain-n-fill this weekend, in anticipation of the harsh winter.

I paid 6.78/L +tax for mine.

Quest

Excellent.
I am excited to try it in both the manual and automatic trans that it will be going into.
I ended up paying $9/L only because I did not want to buy a case of 12. (I bought 3 quarts at gas station)

Originally Posted By: pbm
I'd use that ATF in a heartbeat in my Honda, Toyota and GM. It looks like good stuff.
I'm very impressed with all of PC's products. I wish they were available down here.
What did a liter cost?

If you check the contact information they do have an American number. It is possible it is available down there. That I have not investigated. The pricing as you can see is in the 2 previous posts. Sold by the case it is much cheaper.

Good fluid from what I can tell/feel so far.

Mind you though: other than Valvoline MV ATF (which I didn't try), I've tried Castrol Import MV ATF, Mobil ATF-3309, Honda type Z (on th gen civic), etc., so far, this little ATF that could seems to hold up or exceeded my expectations as far as shift qualities concerned.

(background information: I'm going after Honda Type-Z or Aisin/Warner 3309/Toyota Type T-IV fluid these days for the family cars I maintain/service and no intentions of venturing into the boutique ATFs like Redline/Amsoil).

Q.

plse give it a try and report your findings/results back?

Originally Posted By: Quest
Good fluid from what I can tell/feel so far.

Mind you though: other than Valvoline MV ATF (which I didn't try), I've tried Castrol Import MV ATF, Mobil ATF-3309, Honda type Z (on th gen civic), etc., so far, this little ATF that could seems to hold up or exceeded my expectations as far as shift qualities concerned.

(background information: I'm going after Honda Type-Z or Aisin/Warner 3309/Toyota Type T-IV fluid these days for the family cars I maintain/service and no intentions of venturing into the boutique ATFs like Redline/Amsoil).

Q.

plse give it a try and report your findings/results back?

It will be a while before it goes into the Nissan, but it's going into the Saturn 5MT this weekend. I don't really think that will help you much, but I'll still report my findings as far as shift feel/noises etc.

I have PC Duradrive MV ATF in my Mazda 3, I did a full cooler line flush and so far I'm very happy with this fluid. My previous fill was Castrol IMV and I was happy with it as well, but Duridrive was cheaper than Castrol, so I went with it.

I am curious how it will perform during cold winter mornings.

I really wanted to try this Duradrive MV ATF in my Mazda3's transmission a couple of years ago, but decided otherwise after emailing Petro Canada. They told me I shouldn't use it my Mazda3 because it did not meet the Mazda ATF M5 spec.

It probably would have worked fine in my application, but I obviously no longer felt like trying it after they specifically advised against it.
frown.gif

After some research, I picked up a case of DuraDrive MV at a local PetroCanada distributor at $5.69 per litre. I recently used it in my '99 BMW 740iL to replace the "lifetime" Esso LT71141 semi-synthetic fluid and I couldn't be happier. The price for the Esso stuff (at BMW dealer) is obscene and despite a much lower price I believe the DuraDrive is a superior product in that it is a full syntehtic. My car has 260,000 km on it and the transmission is now shifting better than ever.

I'm loving this stuff too. Running it in the Expedition. Will be picking up a case and doing mom and dad's Expedition probably before they head back.

Will likely flush the Focus again before winter with this stuff too.

Really quite happy with the PC product line-up!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Really quite happy with the PC product line-up!
thumbsup2.gif

I figured I'd see a response from you in this thread!
I love the looks of all of their products too. The only thing is, for the price that WM sells like PP on sale for, I can't really say I see the need to use their synthetic oil even though I would love to try it. The cold flow specs are similar between PP and PC, and I think PP has a strong add-pack, but I have not looked for a VOA on the PC oil, so I can't say for sure.

Only one I think I'd like to try maybe for the Nissan is the Duron-E 0w40 which looks sweet.

I will have a Duron-E 0w40 UOA to post up as soon as I get it back from Toromont.

If you buy the PC stuff by the case, it is very inexpensive. Around $7.00/L.

The ATF is even cheaper. It was around 5 or 6 dollars IIRC.

*Update:

Performed 2nd drain-n-fill on my wifey's 04 camry 2AZFE. It's been a week of in-town driving afterwards and the shifting has been very good (previous fill was Castrol Import MVATF) and no more shuddering at all.

This Durablend MV ATF fluid now has a place in my heart now and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to those who need it.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back