Got another $400 saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motor runs pretty good. I just decarboned the EGR system. Valve had probably never been off and the bolts came out hard. I got 43.333333 MPGs last tank...

When I got it, it had major ignition issues-- not just missing in the fog, solved by enough-but-not-too-many plug wires-- but the grounding bolts for the ignition module were corroded.

Lucky I had gently used ignition stuff in a moldy box.
01.gif

Get the tbird to come and visit you in Maine and he will make your Saturn engine look like the day it came from the factory!

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Get the tbird to come and visit you in Maine and he will make your Saturn engine look like the day it came from the factory!

I can roll it down a boat ramp into the lake and tow it back out!!! That would detail it pretty good I think!

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I can roll it down a boat ramp into the lake and tow it back out!!! That would detail it pretty good I think!

lol!
Car looks pretty good for $400. Im surprised.

DUDE! I just saw this thread (as I do not look in the picture section much...)!

Nice find, pictures and documentation.

Pick-up my plane ticket and I'll come out to buff & shine with my Pro Buffer & quality products! Or better yet, buy my Gas and I'll drive Creampuff or the Red Hot out!
thumbsup2.gif
lol.gif

Going to de-carbonize the intake?

How many miles on it?

Originally Posted By: Turk

Going to de-carbonize the intake?

How many miles on it?

I did do a spray water mist thing down the throttle body when I first got it; a lot of blue (!) smoke same out. 217k miles. Burns about a quart of 10w40 in 500-600 miles and the oil that's been in in a few hundred miles has turned sooty grey instead of the usual "syrup brown".

So I mounted up my junkyard tires... I like to let them "rest" at 50 psi for a few days to really truly seat the beads. First pic, "What is a Prometer tire", AKA, "They had me at twenty bux for 9/32."

2nd: DOT code says right around two years old. Turns out Prometer is made by SHANDONG LINGLONG TYRE CO., LTD, ZHAOYUAN CITY. So they're as American as Apple Pie...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What does resting at 50psi for a few days do?

Shandong has very tall and big people. My wife has 2 grand parents from there, and the entire family are 6' tall for the guys and 5'6"+ for the ladies...

I'd imagine they have some very tall tires too.

DSC_0017_zps7fedbc13.jpg

Is the partial heat shield on the header stock? or a modification?

Nice car for $400. How much do you think it is worth now?

The partial heat shield of which you speak is part of the AC bracing.

As the AC is dead, I've considered removing all that junk for less weight, but don't want to spring the $11 for a shorter belt.
lol.gif

It took me several weeks to sell a 1999 SW1 earlier this year and only got $900 for it. Similar specs.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

lol!
Car looks pretty good for $400. Im surprised.

Agreed. I hate to say it, but i miss that vintage of saturn...

The partial heat shield of which you speak is part of the AC bracing.

As the AC is dead, I've considered removing all that junk for less weight, but don't want to spring the $11 for a shorter belt.
lol.gif

It took me several weeks to sell a 1999 SW1 earlier this year and only got $900 for it. Similar specs.

You are saving the environment and helping people by resurrecting these cars, with small profit here and there.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

You are saving the environment and helping people by resurrecting these cars, with small profit here and there.

If that were my game, I "anti-sabotage" the cars by doing small unnoticeable things that save the buyer from themselves. EG fresh spark plugs, proper thermostat, air in the spare, fresh oil change, radiator cap that holds pressure, etc.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Dude, how much are you selling it for? I might look into it for my sister.

I'm starting to think he could just sell saturns on here for people....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back