I've reached a lower low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
What kind of shape is the engine in? Are the leaks really bad?

What oil did you put in it?

Haven't touched the engine yet. Full of medium brown oil. Throwing codes 53, 95, 22, but runs fine.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
No, he had half the can left and wouldn't even give it to me!

32.gif
I bought a mercedes 240d a while back that used a vise grips to pull the hood opener cable. That seller was considerate and included the pliers in the sale.

Friend of mine bought a "non running" Cherokee a few years back. The seller said it didn't include tires or wheels. So we had to swap on tires.

The tires were bald as it is ... not sure why she wanted them.

We got it running around 11PM in a post office parking lot.

Started driving it back and it started raining (I was following him in my Cherokee). She even kept the wipers!!!

^ When I moved into my house the former owners kept the light bulbs!!!!

Just fished out a 19 year old spare tire. Had to cut the hanger down. Ford keeps the shame alive by using a generic steel rim for the "full size spare" making anyone rotating all five look as cheap as Fred Mertz.

DSC_0016_zpsc8d66842.jpg

The rim really wasn't bad-- neither was the gas tank above it, but I felt obligated to wirebrush off the rust chunks and spray it black.

The tire, BTW, legitimately looks new-- no sidewall cracks or anything.

DSC_0017_zps5882cb12.jpg

Nice fixer-upper! I hear ya on needing something for the wife's projects. Then when I build a trailer so we don't get the insides of either car nasty with mulch/dirt/sand, I never hear the end of it. Can't win.

I also have the pint sized harbor freight trailer. More useless than I first imagined. Tags are $10 a year though.

The DOT code on that tire decodes to the 27th week of 1995. The little triangle next to it means it's the 1990s.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Makes me wonder how long it would last....

5 years @ 5mph maximum. Decreasing life span with higher speed exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back