Got all the lube for my John Deere LT155 & K51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil has graced me with a case of lube for my new to me LT155 lawn tractor. I even got my new blades too (I'm anal on maintenance) Plan on tearing into in on Sunday. Gonna pull the rear end out and dump out the old oil. I'll try to take some pictures of the oil since many of you have the same K51 tranny or simular. Wish me luck!

Hey man go for it! I'll be honest my lawn mowers never get any thing but an oil change twice a year with 30wt dino and they do just fine, but if you want to Amsoil it then by all means!

Like I said, I'm anal on my stuff. I run them hard but make sure to keep up on them at the same time. My thoughts are for a little bit of coin, this tractor should last years and years. Heck, I'm so bad I actually coated a brand new set of blades for it with POR-15!

Coated the BLADES with POR-15? LOL! Most of that will be blown off with the first mowing.

It's probably in your plans already, but make sure you take the transaxle out of the cold to drain it. The warmer the better.

Joel

Originally Posted By: ponchonutty
(I'm anal on maintenance)....Gonna pull the rear end out and dump out the old oil. I'll try to take some pictures

We prefer the pictures to be of the tractor's rear end.

The way I look at, if a person recognizes and admits to being anal/OCD, then what the heck, enjoy it and let others do what they want. It takes a lot of self confidence to admit wasting POR 15 on blades!

Sure. I will try to take some pictures. I'll make sure the camera is charged. I've done POR15 on blades before and actually other than the cutting edge the stuff doesn't come off when properly applied. It actually seems to keep grass from clumping when I did it before and lasts about 2 seasons or so depending how hard I've been on it. Sounds odd but then again so am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back