Good place to buy car parts?

Are carparts and partsgeek still good place to buy parts? My 2002 Accord just failed inspection today for all brake pads and rotors. I can see the rear need replacement but the front still look very good. The vehicle sat for 30+ days while I was on extended vacation so the rotors showed rust. The front rotors clear up after applying brake a few rimes but the rear would need some lubrication to help. But now they have it in the system the reason it fail so I do have to do complete brake job. I see carparts has the whole kit for around $200 and at $40 shipping. Inspection station wants $1400 for brake job. This has been a place I go to for the last 10 years and I guess the lack of businesses has them being more creative. By the way, I had driven this car less than 1000 miles since it passed last inspection. This is my backup vehicle for local trips only so I know the failure reasons are bogus but va inspection is a racket.

Second rock auto with the usual 5 percent coupon. You can beat that price with several different sets under the daily driver section. Centric, power stop, reybestos, all are good.

The last set of Honda brake pads I bought were for a '15 Oddy; got factory pads from Amazon. Rock Auto will treat you right.

Have the rotors turned and call it new?
front pads and rotors don’t need replacement but the inspection station failed them so anything but new parts will be flagged as they are not happy they didn’t get $1400 job that really is $500. It is a racket because the pads have about 70% lefts. This car has 3 more years before I put antique tag on it so this could be my second to last inspection as I may just drive it until Oct 2025 (legal to have 4-month expired sticker)and then get it inspected elsewhere as last time.

Search Amazon for ASIN B08FBJL7DT

$15 for Auto Shack front pads I believe fit your application

Carparts list brake kit for all 4 is p15koe1042 but I can’t find that part number over rock auto or other places. Anyone has any luck with cartparts.com. Part geeks, for some reason, won’t let me search for exact make snd model now.

2002 Honda Accord EX v6

Are carparts and partsgeek still good place to buy parts? My 2002 Accord just failed inspection today for all brake pads and rotors. I can see the rear need replacement but the front still look very good. The vehicle sat for 30+ days while I was on extended vacation so the rotors showed rust. The front rotors clear up after applying brake a few rimes but the rear would need some lubrication to help. But now they have it in the system the reason it fail so I do have to do complete brake job. I see carparts has the whole kit for around $200 and at $40 shipping. Inspection station wants $1400 for brake job. This has been a place I go to for the last 10 years and I guess the lack of businesses has them being more creative. By the way, I had driven this car less than 1000 miles since it passed last inspection. This is my backup vehicle for local trips only so I know the failure reasons are bogus but va inspection is a racket.
front pads and rotors don’t need replacement but the inspection station failed them so anything but new parts will be flagged as they are not happy they didn’t get $1400 job that really is $500. It is a racket because the pads have about 70% lefts. This car has 3 more years before I put antique tag on it so this could be my second to last inspection as I may just drive it until Oct 2025 (legal to have 4-month expired sticker)and then get it inspected elsewhere as last time.
The VA inspection code states the minimum pad/shoe thickness is 2/32" and the rotor must not be scored below the minimum thickness stamped on the rotor. Time to report the inspector to the VA State Police vehicle inspection enforcement branch for falsification of inspection.

What city in VA is this bogus inspection facility located? Better yet, name the shop so we can avoid giving them any business.

Last edited:
Is Power Stop any good? Amazon prices seem quite high and with low ratings but if Power Stop is good then Amazon maybe best bet for ease if return.

Go with Akebono Pro-Act ceramics or Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads from Amazon. The Raybestos Advanced Technology or Centric rotors work well on a 2002 (Gen 6) Accord.

The VA inspection code states the minimum pad/shoe thickness is 2/32" and the rotor must not be scored below the minimum thickness stamped on the rotor. Time to report the inspector to the VA State Police vehicle inspection enforcement branch for falsification of inspection.

What city in VA is this bogus inspection facility located? Better yet, name the shop so we can avoid giving them any business.
Little Tire off Plank Road in Spotsylvania, VA. Address is

4417 Plank Rd
Unit 3
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
United States

Oh my God, the review is horrendous. This is a local shop that ai had taken vehicles to for 10+ years for inspection. I see review of 2.5 from Yelp and that is bad because one has to assume some reviews are padded. Some people say this place is straight up price gouging, which is what I just experienced.

Their other shop is rated even worse. Of course, their FB rating is high but we know how that goes.

How do I report this? I know front pads are good. Rear pads can use replacement and ai expected that. I am not that knowledgeable about rotors to know what is acceptable and what isn’t. Their quoted repair price is beyond ridiculous; $255 for parts that are listed fo4 under $100 and we know shops can buy online too or get professional discount from of their inventory is so lackijg thst thry have to buy from Advance or Auto Zone.

Rock Auto look on this forum for discount code, under promotion,sales,clearance.
As for question if Power Stop is good brand. All mfgs offer different quality and price levels.
I like how Rock Auto list options economy, daily driver, Heavy duty, long life for most all parts.
You can choose based on price and quality.

Go with Akebono Pro-Act ceramics or Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads from Amazon. The Raybestos Advanced Technology or Centric rotors work well on a 2002 (Gen 6) Accord.
Trying to get those but can’t seem to locate them from carparts. I know those brands (Raybesto and Wagner) verses Power Stop and others.

It's a little dumb but Advance Auto Parts has a discount on parts if you text them they'll send a online code. You have to order online and pick up in store. They wouldn't give me the discount if I walked in. It's worth a shot.

It's a little dumb but Advance Auto Parts has a discount on parts if you text them they'll send a online code. You have to order online and pick up in store. They wouldn't give me the discount if I walked in. It's worth a shot.
The current discount code for Advance Auto is DEAL20 which gives you 20% off any purchase over $100. The order must be placed online, but the parts can be then picked up locally.

I appreciate the intent behind the initial post, and have given quite a bit of thought to the question of where to buy car parts. The original note asks us to start with the unsubstantiated idea that Partsgeek and Carparts were both at one time good places to purchase parts, but perhaps are not any longer. I would suggest that these are two also-ran sites, both far behind Amazon and Rockauto, both of which I use. I use Amazon for many things, and appreciate the different available quality levels usually available. Rockauto is also great, especially when the item is not available on Amazon, but almost always, Amazon has the price and with Prime, takes the delivery charge out of the picture, and has by some margin the fastest delivery times. For Brick and Mortar, Walmart is good, but more for basic maintenance. I like Tirerack for tires and Kirkland for their occasional sale of excellent synthetic for around $15 for 5 quarts. For me, I actually use FCPEuro and PelicanParts quite often. FCPEuro sells "kits" of curated parts for certain activities, and they are intelligently assembled.

I have a 2005 accord and it is Amazon all day long with that car.

Back