Good place to buy car parts?

Finally got the pads and rotors to come from same warehouse from Rock Auto. Had to go with
Ower Stop and Now I am onto Sway Bar Link. Are Quick Steer, Ultra Power, and SKP good? We’re talking $3-$5 item so I want the best as it will cost the same to install. FVP is $11.

I appreciate the intent behind the initial post, and have given quite a bit of thought to the question of where to buy car parts. The original note asks us to start with the unsubstantiated idea that Partsgeek and Carparts were both at one time good places to purchase parts, but perhaps are not any longer. I would suggest that these are two also-ran sites, both far behind Amazon and Rockauto, both of which I use. I use Amazon for many things, and appreciate the different available quality levels usually available. Rockauto is also great, especially when the item is not available on Amazon, but almost always, Amazon has the price and with Prime, takes the delivery charge out of the picture, and has by some margin the fastest delivery times. For Brick and Mortar, Walmart is good, but more for basic maintenance. I like Tirerack for tires and Kirkland for their occasional sale of excellent synthetic for around $15 for 5 quarts. For me, I actually use FCPEuro and PelicanParts quite often. FCPEuro sells "kits" of curated parts for certain activities, and they are intelligently assembled.

I have a 2005 accord and it is Amazon all day long with that car.
Can’t seem to find brake kit for 2002 Accord beside the Detroit Axle brand, which I don’t recognize at all.

Schucks, Napa, Carquest, etc.

Usually use Schucks since have a decent price with them on stuff. They deliver too.

I'm not trusting brake parts to random online places.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Can’t seem to find brake kit for 2002 Accord beside the Detroit Axle brand, which I don’t recognize at all.
Probably a Chinese brand. Maybe not crazy to use on a 2002 Accord. Looks like there are some choices if you buy pads and rotors separately.

Fix the rear axle, clean up the front, take it back in to a different shop for "another look." Amazon warehouse has been good to me, their "used -- good condition" parts have been new in shopworn boxes for me.

Fix the rear axle, clean up the front, take it back in to a different shop for "another look." Amazon warehouse has been good to me, their "used -- good condition" parts have been new in shopworn boxes for me.
I think in VA they store rejection reasons into database so it will be a pain to keep going to different places and wait a few hours. The last time I had rejection issue was 10 years ago with my truck and 3 shops gave me three separate set of reasons for failure.

I just ordered all the parts, full front and rear brake pads and rotors and rear right sway bar link for $190 shipped from Rock Auto. My mechanic will likely charge me under $400 to fix it all and I’ll go back to that shop to get a passing sticker. Then I’ll leave them an honest feedback on Yelp and via their internal survey, which I hope the owner reads as his shops are going downhill from recents reviews across the board.

I, like many others do my due diligence when shopping with some lead time. I have used all that have been mentioned. Lately, I have had pretty good success with Summitracing if I am ordering enough to get the free shipping. Rockauto is great for reference to part numbers and usually pretty good when ordering. See the final price shipped irrespective of how many places it ships from. Bottom line is bottom line.

Finally got the pads and rotors to come from same warehouse from Rock Auto. Had to go with
Ower Stop and Now I am onto Sway Bar Link. Are Quick Steer, Ultra Power, and SKP good? We’re talking $3-$5 item so I want the best as it will cost the same to install. FVP is $11.
All those brands are low-end. I'd bet at least 3 of the 4 come from the same factory.

Back