Gonna do another 20K OCI, what would you like to see me try?

The Germans for some reason seem to be having the bulk of the carbon GDI issues. Maybe if they'd use tighter valve stem seals!!!!!! Glad Toyota and Ford added port injection with GDI to avoid the carbon issue. Now there are 8 fuel injectors for a 4 cylinder! Glad Honda fixed their issue! Allegedly! Hopefully, it will be a better fix than their 5-speed tranny fixes or the their cylinder deactivation oil burning issues.
Amen. Germans and GM/Ford. The Ecoboosts are baddddddddddd about carbon.

I hope the next torture test uses Supertech Synthetic. It is indeed ubiquitous.
So you're running a single Fram XG3600 for the whole service interval? Or are you changing the filter during the interval?

I did a 15k on Delvac1 ESP 5/40 with my 70k 07' Toyota 2.4 chain drive, used no oil but UOA was below avg. some of these 5/40 HDEO oils have lowered Ca....I'd look for a stout A3B4 or SN euro PCMO.

I did a 15k on Delvac1 ESP 5/40 with my 70k 07' Toyota 2.4 chain drive, used no oil but UOA was below avg. some of these 5/40 HDEO oils have lowered Ca....I'd look for a stout A3B4 or SN euro PCMO.

CK HDEO's if so they're likely SAPS knee capped as well which will shorten useful life..again A3B4 MB and Porche specs are probably best suited and touted as the best.

I hope the next torture test uses Supertech Synthetic. It is indeed ubiquitous.
So you're running a single Fram XG3600 for the whole service interval? Or are you changing the filter during the interval?
I did a 15K with the "old bottle" Supertech. Blackstone said to go to 17K the results were so good. That was 3 UOA's ago. I used a SINGLE FRAM XG3600. Blackstone noted that filtration was great as well.

That Pennzoil 10w30 sounds good. Run it long, run it hard, keep top ups to a minimum if possible. Thanks Stumpy!
I appreciate the reply! I was assistant fleet manager at a PD about 15 years ago and read journals like Machinery Lubrication and picked the brains of the Illinois State Police fleet managers that used to run Mobil1 extended intervals in their vehicles. so this was not done on a whim! I decided to put my money where my mouth is. I got a commuter/beater car I drive 100 miles round trip a day. I set out to prove that an engine(port injection, not turbo, not GDI) will last plenty long with extended oil changes. I intend on running my Ford for 300-400K miles. I'm averaging 27K miles a year so it really won't be long since I'm at 177K as we speak. Once I'm done with it, I'm gonna break it down and mic the parts for wear tolerances and we will all know if I was right or wrong. with that many miles, the car will only have "part out value" anyway! Stay tuned. Oh, the valve train is clean as a whistle. No sludge or build up at all.

Stumpy: I can’t wait for that. I do want to see some oil filters cut open too or I could cut them and post them for you 🇺🇸🇨🇦😁

Back