Gonna do another 20K OCI, what would you like to see me try?

After my fill of Carquest/Amalie 10w-30 HM Synthetic I plan on running 15-17k, I was wanting to do another 20-22K OCI. I was thinking a synthetic SN rated 5w-40 like Delo but was also thinking of running a 10w-30 Pennzoil "PurePlus" Platinum to see if the "Gas to Liquid" bluster has any veracity. What do y'all think?

After my fill of Carquest/Amalie 10w-30 HM Synthetic I plan on running 15-17k, I was wanting to do another 20-22K OCI. I was thinking a synthetic SN rated 5w-40 like Delo but was also thinking of running a 10w-30 Pennzoil "PurePlus" Platinum to see if the "Gas to Liquid" bluster has any veracity. What do y'all think?
Hmm wouldn't be a bad idea to test the gtl limits

Thank you for sacrificing your own vehicle to this type of test. What vehicle, year & engine is it?
Also, will you list any make-up oil during the oil change interval as this can help the longevity of any OCI.

Thank you for sacrificing your own vehicle to this type of test. What vehicle, year & engine is it?
Also, will you list any make-up oil during the oil change interval as this can help the longevity of any OCI.

"Sacrificing?"; seems like you have predetermined the result (j/k); How about "offering?"

Does your car have a timing chain or timing belt? God help your timing chain if you have one, if you have a GDI.

Is this your Focus? I'd run the PP 10w30 or another off the shelf syn. rather than a 5w40 or specialty oil.

Back