GM pickups of the future.

Even the ones out today with the monster grills, what is that saying about the character of people, what is it heading towards? Conan the Barbarians? Genghis Kahns? I liked the pickups where you could get into them almost like a normal car. No ladder needed. They are made for "picking up" things, not driving into combat.

Today's 1 ton trucks, if we compare payload & tow to yesteryear's trucks, would we find similar height and grill size? Or are today's heavy(er) duty trucks somehow larger?

I do know that each pony under the hood has to be cooled. Today's trucks belt out more hp, but it's still "around" 1/3rd the fuel energy content going to the wheels--1/3rd is still having to be rejected out the radiator (last third into the exhaust). I'm guessing yesteryear's trucks simply made do with less hp for similar weight--today's trucks can do it while going 80mph uphill, and that means serious cooling.

Of course, looks sell, and this one certainly advertises itself.

Even the ones out today with the monster grills, what is that saying about the character of people, what is it heading towards? Conan the Barbarians? Genghis Kahns? I liked the pickups where you could get into them almost like a normal car. No ladder needed. They are made for "picking up" things, not driving into combat.

Does that say Attila on the grill? Seriously there is so much to like about this, chopped top, smooth dual wheel flares instead of looking like some sort of afterthought. The cab and side marker lights look right as do the LED lights.

Maybe GM will fit a 4 cylinder to that thing. Couple that with the above suggestion of a lowered roofline, and GM has a real winner on their hands!

Anybody else noticed the trend to use plastic fender trim? I first noticed it on the disposables... Hyundais, etc. Several inches in some cases of plastic along the fenders and entire bottom of the body on some models.

Anybody else noticed the trend to use plastic fender trim? I first noticed it on the disposables... Hyundais, etc. Several inches in some cases of plastic along the fenders and entire bottom of the body on some models.

The auto makers are looking to cut both weight and costs. Personally-I'd rather have plastic on the outside of the car that hard plastics at touchpoints inside the vehicle. My $54,000 Silverado's dashboard is a sea of plastic.

I just imagine them looking all grey and faded and cracking when the first rock hits them once they've become brittle. I just haven't had any issues with metal fenders that plastic would have prevented. Also seems to me it would add cost replacing what is basically part of the body with fastened separate pieces.

GM must think their buyer market is the blind, makes sense, they can’t see the 104 month loan terms.

For the BITOG boomers:

For the BITOG boomers:

Right down my alley, I would buy this if it ever was sold to the public. ;)

Back