GM has ruined the looks of the new Corvette so bad I now like the Camaro better

Well, I have a Porsche Cayman, Alfa Giulia, 500 Abarth, and 3 different Ducatis in my garage that shows that I like vehicles with curves and classic lines.

I have, however, felt that the Corvette was a dull looking squished blob that is overly wide and long ever since the C4 was released, and the C5 and C6 did nothing to improve that styling look.
The C7 was the first Corvette that I liked the looks of since the C2 and C3.
The C8 then adds more interior refinement to the overall package.

It's still way too wide and long in my opinion, but I still like how it looks compared the the C4 through C6 versions.

There is no way to deny that the Corvette is designed to attract a different buyer than the C4 through C6 generations did.
The C7 was there to help you guys transition to the future.

And finally, I find it hilarious that you throw out comments about participation trophies as an insult, when you seem to forget that it was probably your generation that CREATED participation trophies. It wasn't the kids who created participation trophies, it was the parents who demanded that people celebrate how special their precious offspring are.

Then again, that's not exactly fair.
Participation trophies were invented in the 1920's, which means, that as an entire generation, the Boomers have earned more participation trophies than any generation that has come after them, since there were more Boomers born than any generation afterwards.

But I'll tell you what.
I'll give you a nice trophy for trying to slip an insult into your comment.
You tried to be witty, but, like most things, you came up just a bit short.

View attachment 56434
Not that it means anything to this thread but my son who is a minor car guy also lives in Dacono.
For those that dont know Dacono is a small town(population about 5500) north of Denver.
He has a modified 2013 F150 and a modified 2018 Mustang GT with a stick shift.
And I'm on the fence about the current Vette.
I guess I'm neutral on it's looks.

Thanks for the trophy Bladecutter. I printed it out and stuck it on my refrigerator.
It is a sweet touch. However as a boomer and athlete in several sports … you only got something for a 1st place, a 2nd place, or a 3rd place 🥉 year … nothing for just showing up.
But my sons: 1) not boomers 2) trophies for 5th place etc

Here is the C9 so that some can start hating early

F988A77A-9603-4828-B015-87B2BC7A75B5.jpeg

they came in with the 5th gen after a break, did some nice numbers and then the fad died out. the mustang is big boss in this segment and will always pull in the numbers no matter what.

we’re gonna see the new bronco perform well and then burn out for the same reasons.
I never understood why the Mustang has always dominated this segment. The Camaro has always been the better looking car, and it's usually outperformed the Mustang. It's a real head scratcher...

I never understood why the Mustang has always dominated this segment. The Camaro has always been the better looking car, and it's usually outperformed the Mustang. It's a real head scratcher...
The mustang has nice features like being able to see out of and live with on a day to day basis. Sure, the camaro has the best V8 and could beat it around a track but that sweet sweet daily comfort the mustang provides is compelling.

The mustang has nice features like being able to see out of and live with on a day to day basis. Sure, the camaro has the best V8 and could beat it around a track but that sweet sweet daily comfort the mustang provides is compelling.
I've driven both and I did not think the interior was any more comfortable or ergonomically superior in the Mustang. For me it comes down to looks and the engine. The Camaro is much nicer looking, and its 6.2 liter pulled much harder down low than the 5.0 did, making the Camaro more fun to drive...

I think the C8 is solid looking, but I’m more interested in the drivetrain advancements then the body. That being said i’m one of those weirdos that thinks the C4 is the best looker lol.
Gimmie a 1990 Corvette parked next to my ‘87 Supra and (imaginary) DMC-12 heh

No problems AT ALL with visibility in my Camaro. I find it absolutely no different than driving the Mazda 3 or Camry in terms of switching lanes or general visibility.

Doesnt hurt to have that wonderful rear view camera in the rear view mirror for a nice wide angle view behind the car. Removes blindspots and can be on full time, killer quality night or day too. Even without it, still no problem with blind spots with properly adjusted mirrors and a peak over the shoulder. That "problem" is way overblown in reviews, that's for sure. The cabin of a Camaro is special, in the best ways.

Camaro >>> Mustang. No question! Mustang is far more generic and boring in the cabin, IMO. Huge reason I passed on it when shopping around for my performance car.

Also, love the new C8 as well. Best looking one yet! I really love the supercar aesthetic.

Last edited:
No problems AT ALL with visibility in my Camaro. I find it absolutely no different than driving the Mazda 3 or Camry in terms of switching lanes or general visibility.

Doesnt hurt to have that wonderful rear view camera in the rear view mirror for a nice wide angle view behind the car. Removes blindspots and can be on full time, killer quality night or day too. Even without it, still no problem with blind spots with properly adjusted mirrors and a peak over the shoulder. That "problem" is way overblown in reviews, that's for sure. The cabin of a Camaro is special, in the best ways.

Camaro >>> Mustang. No question! Mustang is far more generic and boring in the cabin, IMO. Huge reason I passed on it when shopping around for my performance car.

Also, love the new C8 as well. Best looking one yet! I really love the supercar aesthetic.
I thought the dash in the Mustang reminded me of my '87 Regal...what old codger designed this thing?

The problem with the new Camaros is getting one. None of the dealerships in my area have ANY V-8 Camaros, and even ordering one doesn't ensure you'll get one. The plant was shut down, then it started back up, then shut down again. IF one is found, plan on paying top dollar for it...

C8’s look so bad - that I only got passed by three on 20 miles of tollway yesterday …
(imagine if they came out without the pandemic) …

My two cents, C8 is an awesome automobile. Mid engine makes it competitive with anything once the ZO6 comes out with the 650 HP. ( mid engine not needs with 450 Hp).
The front styling looks good and the sides are just radical enough. Love the blue and the orange colors.
Went to cars and coffee 2 weeks ago. 6 C8’s there.
Mostly older guys, one woman. . Young guy shows up two hours after the event started, driving a C8 with lambo doors.
pulls up to the building and leaves the drivers door in the up position. The guy goes in and gets a drink , then gets in the car and hammers it ( stupid loud aftermarket exhaust) down the road. If the C8 is getting a younger demographic, that guy is certainly not an improvement over the old guy with the lawn chair. Plenty of those in attendance as well…lol

the C8’s butt is butt ugly, way too much going on. The rest of the car looks appropriately exotic.

My two cents, C8 is an awesome automobile. Mid engine makes it competitive with anything once the ZO6 comes out with the 650 HP. ( mid engine not needs with 450 Hp).
The front styling looks good and the sides are just radical enough. Love the blue and the orange colors.
Went to cars and coffee 2 weeks ago. 6 C8’s there.
Mostly older guys, one woman. . Young guy shows up two hours after the event started, driving a C8 with lambo doors.
pulls up to the building and leaves the drivers door in the up position. The guy goes in and gets a drink , then gets in the car and hammers it ( stupid loud aftermarket exhaust) down the road. If the C8 is getting a younger demographic, that guy is certainly not an improvement over the old guy with the lawn chair. Plenty of those in attendance as well…lol

the C8’s butt is butt ugly, way too much going on. The rest of the car looks appropriately exotic.
No question the C8 is an awesome car, it's just ugly...

Back