GM has ruined the looks of the new Corvette so bad I now like the Camaro better

I hate sitting in the Camaro...
My brother has one and the ergonomics stink...

Find the Camaro is excellent going in a straight line on a lightly traveled section of a rural interstate.

Getting in and out of the Camaro is brutal, visibility backing up is horrible, and overall blind spots are a major safety concern. Great car to go for a Saturday afternoon drive. Lot of additional actions required by the driver to safely utilize as a daily driver.

Last edited:
When I lived in Utah, my 80 year old next door neighbor bought a 2021 Corvette. He wanted his glory days.

Some younger guys buy them, but the main buyer of this generation of corvettes are old guys.

Find the Camaro is excellent going in a straight line on the interstate.

Getting in and out of the Camaro is brutal, visibility backing up is horrible, and overall blind spots are a major safety concern. Great car to go for a Saturday afternoon drive. Lot of additional actions required by the driver to safely utilize as a daily driver.
Just getting your seat belt on is a fiasco.

I think the 90s era Camaro (last original generation before production stopped) was the best looking one. I saw a mint SS yesterday. Black with factory chrome wheels and t-tops. I loved how they were flat, sleek, and low to the ground.

Too bad the younger generation can't afford them...
Too bad GM put such money and resources into the Corvette. Imagine if they put the same money and effort in a vehicle that could truly compete with a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

The Bob Lutz impact at all of the "Big three" has been catastrophic on the "Big Three's" ability to compete against the Japanese and Korean auto manufacturers.

The quality is second to the profit taken. We forget the better reliability is because of the required smog warranties.

Too bad the younger generation can't afford them...

The Corvette has been a halo car for GM forever and at $70k (sans markup) for a C8 is consistent with what they’ve always been when adjusted for 2021 dollars. Plenty of younger guys around me (myself included) have C7s and a few C8s so far. I got mine at 35. If you mean younger as in early to mid 20s, then yes, I’d agree with you but that age group was never really buying new Vettes.

The Camaro has not appealed to me ever. I don’t even give them a second look. The C8 is interesting. I think from performance standpoint it’s pretty awesome. Looks idk. At a glance it looks like other mid engine performance cars now. If I had a 100k I’d probably buy a used Ferrari…..
I also don't like the Camaro. Or the Mustang really. Too flamboyant.

I did have a 2006 GTO however. That I liked, I think because it looked like a Cavalier/Sunfire :ROFLMAO: Other than the hood scoops, it was pretty low key.

Too bad GM put such money and resources into the Corvette. Imagine if they put the same money and effort in a vehicle that could truly compete with a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

The Bob Lutz impact at all of the "Big three" has been catastrophic on the "Big Three's" ability to compete against the Japanese and Korean auto manufacturers.
None of the big 3 have ever been able to compete in the Corolla/Civic's segment...

I think the 90s era Camaro (last original generation before production stopped) was the best looking one. I saw a mint SS yesterday. Black with factory chrome wheels and t-tops. I loved how they were flat, sleek, and low to the ground.
Ugh, those things were hideous looking...the current Camaro looks like a more modern version on the gen 1 Camaro, which is why I like it so much...

Find the Camaro is excellent going in a straight line on a lightly traveled section of a rural interstate.

Totally agree. The visibility is awful. Fun to drive but as a daily meh...

Reactions: GON
Ugh, those things were hideous looking...the current Camaro looks like a more modern version on the gen 1 Camaro, which is why I like it so much...
I liked all those retro cars at first, but it gets a little boring after awhile. I guess to me it's like the designers ran out of ideas. Kind've like when they try to remake classic movies.

But who has driven one with digital rear view mirror … ? Doubt anyone here wants to because they’d have less to female cat about …

Back