GM has ruined the looks of the new Corvette so bad I now like the Camaro better

New vette is very different, but I like the looks of it. The sound of it is somewhat off-putting to me, but I'm likely not the targeted demographic.

The new Chevrolet trucks, however....those are ugly.

View attachment 55544

That being said… as a mid 20’s father of almost 3 (11 more weeks!) I don’t own a single pair of white tennis shoes but my wife will not let me out of the house in my jorts and it upsets me.

In case it wasn't obvious, I was joking with my Reeboks comment.

I have black Reeboks for my hobby where we dress mostly in black. Love the DMX MAX for comfortable shoes when you're on your feet most of the day.

But I do have have white Reeboks in similar states for various uses. My worst are reserved for yardwork. 😄

As for the new Vette: I've driven one, I think it looks ok... but I'm not excited enough about it to buy one.

yea new chevy trucks are hideous..

Pic while I was in Gatlinburg,TN last week.
The lighting is a little wierd because its nighttime. pixel 5 nightsight ftw.
🤮🤮🤮
PXL_20210423_003547344.jpg

New corvette is not to my taste but Its not as bad as that truck (lol)

It has an interesting look. My first thought about the new corvette is that this is what the actors nsx should look like in modern form. I think the corvette is a neat car, I think I’d take a v12 Mercedes SL myself...

Another comment approving of C8 design profile. It doesn’t have a front end resembling the face of a discombobulated animal, which a lot of modern cars do. But I am also not a wealthy person, so I will never own one.

What I find interesting is there are tons of Mustangs on the road but very few Camaros on the road around here.
Yeah, Mustangs are a dime a dozen around here...Camaros, not so much...

Not only the looks, but the fact that you can get a super nice shifting manual gear box in the mid 30s on the LT1 trim is huge. You can also put people in the back seats as long as they have no legs.
I've been pokin' around on autotrader.com, and I haven't seen any manuals yet. All have been 8 speed autos. Prices for used are well into the 30s, and some over 40. All of them have been in SS trim or higher. Are you taking about new prices?

Corvette's are for the most part Old Man cars, Are you really going to push one to it's limit? I'd drive the wheels off a C5 & wouldn't give an S what people thought.
That’s because they are the only ones who can afford one. Lot’s of Corvettes being driven by old guys in FL.

I've been pokin' around on autotrader.com, and I haven't seen any manuals yet. All have been 8 speed autos. Prices for used are well into the 30s, and some over 40. All of them have been in SS trim or higher. Are you taking about new prices?
Brand New. Camaro LT1 6 speed manual is $35,197 MSRP now, or how i would spec it, $36095 with the technology/radio/screen upgrade thingy. The V8 models get the 10 speed auto and it drives pretty nice, so most dealers just order those in order to have a wider demand. I do want to buy one of these at some point down the road when my new garage exists.

Last edited:
Brand New. Camaro LT1 6 speed manual is $35,197 MSRP now, or how i would spec it, $36095 with the technology/radio/screen upgrade thingy. The V8 models get the 10 speed auto and it drives pretty nice, so most dealers just order those in order to have a wider demand. I do want to buy one of these at some point down the road when my new garage exists.
You can actually still build a 2020 model on Chevy's site, and the one I built came out to $32K. That's not counting my GM employee discount. I have no idea how much that would knock the price down, maybe in the high 20s....8 speed or 10, I wouldn't want an automatic...gotta have a manual in a car like this...

Duntov wanted the Corvette to be a mid engine car as early as the late 50’s. Glad to see his dream come true, though 60 plus years late. I love the new C7/C8 Corvettes but, IMO the 67 big block Corvette, is the pinnacle of everything Corvette!

I just saw this completely sinister, gorgeous BLACK C8 in the 'hood...
At 1st I thought it was a Lambo, maybe a Ferrari or a McLaren.

OMG what a sight. The Corvette that killed the world!

I've now viewed 3 different C8s (red, white, silver). Color doesn't change my perception -- great front end; the rest is a mess.

Count me as one who would like to own a C6 in a handful of years.

Back