GM has ruined the looks of the new Corvette so bad I now like the Camaro better

I think it looks pretty cool. Not like anything on the road that I’ve seen (unless we’re talking an exotic).

I owned a C5 for a couple years, I liked it, but I know it was an ”old man car”. It had the reputation and therefore it kind of hampered the experience a little bit. This new Vette? This is not going to be confused as an old man anything.

I felt the same way with Toyota's Camry with that ugly front grill. Same with their Lexus.

I know the new mid engine Vette is supposed to be a world beater, but I just can't stand its looks. IMO, the new Camaro looks a billion times nicer...I just can't get into the looks of these new vehicles that have all of these vents and grills covering every inch of the front and back of the vehicle, just too dang ugly!
I'll bet you would like the new Vette if it had a good polish with Nu Finish.

The first two generations were the best in my opinion. The third generation was decent. The fourth generation was a morphodite and it never recovered.
Best looking Vettes were '68-'72 C3, and next was the C5, then C2...'73 and newer C3s, and all C4s were the old guy/gold chain cars, the C5 saved the Corvette...

Ok at 63 I am not that old but the C8 is so much better looking than anything before it IMO. The only older ones I liked were the C2 and big block C3. The rest were either anemic slugs (blue flame 6) or posers cars.
I bet you like the looks of the new Civic too...

The Camaro looks the same every year. Boring to me.

I’m not sure how to feel about the Vette. I kinda like it, but it has a weird stance. Kinda like a Cadillac ELR.

My favorite is the C6. I still want one someday.
The C6 wasn't bad looking, except for the fish eye headlights, and the profile makes it look like the back end was chopped off. The C5 looks much better IMO...

I think it looks pretty cool. Not like anything on the road that I’ve seen (unless we’re talking an exotic).

I owned a C5 for a couple years, I liked it, but I know it was an ”old man car”. It had the reputation and therefore it kind of hampered the experience a little bit. This new Vette? This is not going to be confused as an old man anything.
I don't get why anyone would think the C5 is an old man's car. It still looks modern today, not dated at all. The interior is a bit dated, but the exterior still has elegant lines. Now the C4, and the non-chrome bumpered C3s, those are the old man/gold chain Vettes...

I think good questions to ask would be what is your age, and do you like, or not like the new Vette. This will tell me more about your choices. And you guys saying you don't like the new Camaros are nuts...that's a bad a** looking car...

I don't get why anyone would think the C5 is an old man's car. It still looks modern today, not dated at all. The interior is a bit dated, but the exterior still has elegant lines. Now the C4, and the non-chrome bumpered C3s, those are the old man/gold chain Vettes...

Corvette's are for the most part Old Man cars, Are you really going to push one to it's limit? I'd drive the wheels off a C5 & wouldn't give an S what people thought.

At my age, it's much easier to exit a 4Runner by sliding out and down to the ground. It's too much effort to exit a Corvette.

Corvette's are for the most part Old Man cars, Are you really going to push one to it's limit? I'd drive the wheels off a C5 & wouldn't give an S what people thought.
I would certainly "get on it", but drive it to it's limits, probably not. I'm more into the looks than the performance, but it's nice having it when you want to horse around...

Not only the looks, but the fact that you can get a super nice shifting manual gear box in the mid 30s on the LT1 trim is huge. You can also put people in the back seats as long as they have no legs.

Corvettes are for people who can afford them, or people who spend money they don't have.
Don't ask me how I know...

Hint: I've owned 4.

I generally like older cars (50's to 80's) better than newer cars, but the C8 Corvette is the only Corvette I would consider owning. I have yet to drive one, but GM made a real effort to make a world class sports/GT car at a reasonable price point.

Back